Shocks ?

Olgreg

Update.......I talked with Curtis and the remedy is, 1 go with the slim bodied shocks. Direct fit. 2. Remove the transmission stud and replace it with a flat socket head cap screw. He mentioned using a heli coil but I found a 7/16-14 bolt that will be perfect. Also, you need to bevel the metal tab to allow the bolt to countersink and flush mount allowing enough room for the shock to mount. I chose option 2. In the process of beveling the steel to allow for the flush mount.
Here are some pics of the shock project. There is about .100” clearance between the shock and transmission mount.

Attachments

cooper44

Here are some pics of the shock project. There is about .100” clearance between the shock and transmission mount.
Hey Greg, I know im a little late to the party but your information is great!!
did that bolt hold up over time and do the job, any issues with it since installing the shocks?
what is the product Number for the shocks you installed? im looking to install new shocks on a n 09 Mastiff
Thanks
Coop

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Hey Greg, I know im a little late to the party but your information is great!!
did that bolt hold up over time and do the job, any issues with it since installing the shocks?
what is the product Number for the shocks you installed? im looking to install new shocks on a n 09 Mastiff
Thanks
Coop
Get with Curtis at wildsteedworx.com. Your Mastiff is going to take a different shock, and you won't have that bolt problem mentioned above.