Avon Cobra Tires for BD Wolf

Grimmeute

I do know someone with that kind of money but whether he would do it is a different story. Wonder what that would cost? I’m sure they could make a mold from the size or even the tire it’s self.

No H2O

probably a silly question but if one had a 2009/2010 wolf and couldn't get tires, couldn't they just change the wheels to a more standard size?

TapioK

probably a silly question but if one had a 2009/2010 wolf and couldn't get tires, couldn't they just change the wheels to a more standard size?
In case of Wolf you need a modification, Donna and Derik have the solution. So the answer is yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TapioK

I do know someone with that kind of money but whether he would do it is a different story. Wonder what that would cost? I’m sure they could make a mold from the size or even the tire it’s self.
Even if the mold is just 100k and you need to order few 100 tires, you also have to consider the cost of getting them road legal.
“Tire making is expensive. You need not only the molds, but D.O.T. certification here in the USA. The tires must be tested to meet federal specs before they can be imported (if made overseas) or sold here. “
If you manage to sell shitty illegal tires made by a dude in India and someone dies in an accident caused by crappy tire your friend ain’t wealthy anymore...

Grimmeute

I’m sure his 50 attorneys, I’ve heard he has would probably inform him about that. He owns a wolf (among several dozens of other bikes and cars) but one of his guys caught wind of the tire situation way back and bought a couple. He won’t give them up. If there was money to be made from getting these tire reproduced then I’m sure he might go for it.

Jwooky

You could make an “off road” or show tire.

Drag slicks, or auto cross tires for example are not DOT approved.

TapioK

I’m sure his 50 attorneys, I’ve heard he has would probably inform him about that. He owns a wolf (among several dozens of other bikes and cars) but one of his guys caught wind of the tire situation way back and bought a couple. He won’t give them up. If there was money to be made from getting these tire reproduced then I’m sure he might go for it.
Well, if he affords 50 attorneys he could easily throw a few mil for tires... btw over 10 years old tire is not worth a shit...

Grimmeute

Well, if he affords 50 attorneys he could easily throw a few mil for tires... btw over 10 years old tire is not worth a shit...

Yeah I’m not sure what they did to help persevere the rubber. If there is a way

Minuteman

Supporting Member
One of the main problems with this whole thing is, how many wolfs are left out there and wolfs were roughly the only bikes using these tires. So if there is 50 bikes left and you need tires for all 50 this year and you need to purchase 1000 tires to meet a minimum, then chances are you would still have the same tires still available for 20 years and rotting away. This is what they call a bad investment even if you do have a lot of money. Just buy the replacement/change kit that Derek, Donna and Eric offer, it is a whole lot less of a problem.

No H2O

Just buy the replacement/change kit that Derek, Donna and Eric offer, it is a whole lot less of a problem.
this way you avoid a situation of spending $1,000 on a tire, catch a nail/screw a few miles later, then have to search for and spend another $1,000

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
There is a new 280 20 right now on ebay forsale starting bid 299.00 plus 35.00 shippi g....with that being said i dont know that date on the tire so if any of you are interested u might message the person on ebay and see

Jeep Lee

There is around 150 Bid Dog Wolf bike that BDM has built, as per Chris Theobald from BDM.
I have exchanged by e-mail with Avon tires.
Avon tires are willing to reproduce the mold and the tire if they have a request of 500 tires and the funds
money to start.
Avon stated that they need close of 45 weeks to start from the beginning to the end, since they have destroy the mold, but still have the pattern.
BDM are aware of it, since I send them all the information by e-mail.
BDM does not have a solution yet and I am not sure if they are interested to invest funds to reproduce the tire thru Avon Tires.
HDM , Donna & Derek are still working to fabricate a smaller wheel diameter (18 x 8.5) with a 240-40-18 tires.
HDM are still waiting from the machine shop , since they need to send at least 10 wheels to fabricate and chrome.
This is the information that I have so far
594054333.jpgIMG_1791.jpgIMG_1788.jpgIMG_1794.jpg

Jwooky

I might add there are other bikes out there with 20” rear wheels. I recently visited Tony’s choppers in FL and he had several customs on the floor.

You all should pull together, 500 tires should not be that hard. Lot better than ruining that beautiful bike putting a 18 inch on it not to mention all the thousands involved