Which Open Primary?

Energy One

waykool

Banned
Sweet, I kinda thought that....but didn't want to discard it and be the one ass with out one pant leg.... :)
Don’t get me wrong. An open primary could mess you up depending on the style you get or have. But the chances are highly unlikely. The most I have experienced is a scuffed shoe from my heel coming in contact with the belt. Some even go as far as to tuck the pant leg into their boots on that side while riding.

Slider

I've learned to keep my left foot to the outside of the footpeg or it'll rub my heel a bit. Other than that, never a prob.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Run an OBS for sure. Are those Harley rotors?

So Ray if you changed to an old style starter, could you use any belt drive? Or is the tranny in a different position? Looks like the top cover on the tranny might interfere? Not trying to be a pest, just curious.
Sorry Moe, didn't see this post till today. Not to sure on this question. But I think that you are stuck with a BDM specific unit! :rant: I have personaly asked Bert Baker if I can put on one of his DSSC primary covers (he offers more options) and he says it won't fit due to a propietary bolt pattern on the BDM tranny. :bang:

:cheers: