top speed

Energy One

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
I've had the Pit to 110 chasing my kids in MY truck! Yeah, front end gets way to shaky for much more. On the hiway, I've been riding one handed and looked down to see 95...smooth as silk. All depends on the roads.

Bdm4ever

Troop Supporter
Alright, All you guys pull over and form a line! :oldmad: I'm gonna have to cite ya all for exceeding the safe, posted speed limit! :oldrant::spank: Now we can settle this one of two ways,:oldsmile: either I confiscate those bikes, OR, you can all send me $65.50 via certified mail, and I'll look the other way! :oldlaugh: :oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::chopper: P.S. Cash only !! :old2::old2::old2:
Hey Chubs, wait for it, wait for it,

smiley-finger007.gif

Last edited:

BigDogBandit

I've had my 07 Mastiff up to 156.9 on open road without hitting the rev limiter. The BMW 3 series I was chasing hit the NoS and walked away from me so I quit. Dakota Digital speedo if you were wondering.

Old post, so sorry to revive, but I am looking at my first BDM now and it’s an 07 mastiff so what mods did you have done to go over 155 like that? That’s smokin :chopper:

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
I once with a friend decided to see what my top speed was on my 06 Mastiff after having a dyno done on it. This was after I had broke in the beefed up 124 CI motor I bought from S&S speed shop. Their paperwork had the motor at 167 hp, I wanted to see what it was at the back tire. After the duno my paperwork said 153 hp and 178 or 187 ft-lb I cant remember which right now at work. After getting to 120 mph I couldn't breath anymore., so I backed off of it and then decided to just continue our ride that day. The next day I brought a full face helmet with me and got my 06 Mastiff up to 147 mph with plenty of throttle and motor to go, before common sense got the best of me and I once again backed off. Can't remember what the rmp's were because honestly I wasn't paying attention to that, but I had either just switched to 6th gear or maybe was about to. But I do know the bike could have kept going up up and away....

chubs

Guru
I once with a friend decided to see what my top speed was on my 06 Mastiff after having a dyno done on it. This was after I had broke in the beefed up 124 CI motor I bought from S&S speed shop. Their paperwork had the motor at 167 hp, I wanted to see what it was at the back tire. After the duno my paperwork said 153 hp and 178 or 187 ft-lb I cant remember which right now at work. After getting to 120 mph I couldn't breath anymore., so I backed off of it and then decided to just continue our ride that day. The next day I brought a full face helmet with me and got my 06 Mastiff up to 147 mph with plenty of throttle and motor to go, before common sense got the best of me and I once again backed off. Can't remember what the rmp's were because honestly I wasn't paying attention to that, but I had either just switched to 6th gear or maybe was about to. But I do know the bike could have kept going up up and away....
Just think. If the slightest thing had gone wrong, they would've cleaned you up for about a quarter mile with a fork and a sponge.

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Back in early and late 90s i had several crotch rockets...honda cbr 600 and a 900...then i got 1100 ninja and my final bike was a Suzuki gsxr 1000...cbr 900 wouldnt run but 194 cause of the rev limiter and i dont know how i didnt drop a valve cause i keep it there alot...gsxr 1000 would run 203...its a 28 minute ride in a car running 60 from the redlight in Camden to the red light in Paris....best time i ever did was 9 mins on the gsxr....that bike was alot of fun...it would hold the tire about 4 to 6 inchs off the ground till around 165...balance of that bike was perfect the way the wind would hold the front end from coming over at high speeds...i mean it would flip over but finding that sweet spot and knowing how much to give it...takes alot of seat time to do that

The very fastest i been on 2 wheels was nitro harley and that was 226 and i lost the race...i shallow staged and got the roll out is the only reason it made that kind of mph...but most of time on a good pass it would run 195 to 215...i sure miss those days it was alot of fun

EDIT...fastest i been on any of my dogs is maybe 115...i dont think i have went any faster than that on any of them...may have but dont remember

Last edited:

Pddain

PHTM II
Supporting Member
Best I’ve done was 120 on the 405 freeway in California at 2:00AM. Got severe front end wobble, backed it down slowly so stayed upright. The was a KZ1000. Warned the guy who bought it from me to get it balanced. He didn’t listen, got to 130, got the wobble, rolled off the throttle quickly and went over the handle bars. Said he watched his hands melting as he skidded down the freeway So decided to tuck and roll. Same guy forgot to hook his harness into his hang glider. The glider took off but he belly flopped and severely scratched his Dick. BTW, he is still alive.

Spent 3 hours in the Nevada desert at over 100 on short trip from LA to Reno one winter.

I am now the proud member of the “enjoy the view” club.

mastiffdave

There is actually a small group of members that has a well earned patch in respect to a high speed on a non high speed scenic road During party at the farm.

110 on 10. 110 mph on highway 10.. this road meanders along the Illinois river and 50 mph is the posted limit.