Please help

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
Yea I’d think for sure it would be much cheaper just to buy a brand new one from shovelheadkicker on eBay rather than go through rebuilding and rechroming an old junk starter, just a thought
Oh i already bought a new one and had it installed. Just thinking of having the original one rechromed and rebuilt. To have as a spare, id hate to just throw it away for bo good reason besides chrome being putted and the main wire showing. The starter still works just the way it is. Just looks bad.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
i bought the bike from dream machines of austin tx. I am not sure who the warrenty is through i dont have the paperwork with me at work. But i may have to give them a call. its a nation wide warranty so i can take it do a dealer here from my understanding
If you've got a warranty, use that, BUT do your due diligence to make sure that the shop you choose has BIG experience. Many shops do not and SHOTGUN things just trying this then that without a clue. It might even be worth the drive if possible back to where you bought it to be safe.
Maybe others from Texas can recommend a shop for you.

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
if I am not mistaken, and Lord knows I've been wrong before, Matt Moore and the crew does not honor any kind if warranty from BDM. now, that is not saying that some of the aftermarket parts and pieces from accessory vendors does not apply. just don't expect Matt's co. to stand behind earlier BD.

SGM Hendrix

well, i got home from my date last night around midnight (makes it two full days since the wash and or issue started) and the i decided to connect the battery and EHC again and now its functioning like it should. I did not start it but it did lite up and is acting like it should.

So maybe she just needed more time to dry. what bothers me is i didn't wet any electronics that i know of and used my air compressor to blow the water off as i didn't want water spots on her. So i don't know how to prep her properly for the future. I am going to get some of that dielectric grease and do the connections that i know of but again none of them where wet. Besides under the seat box and the spark plugs are there any other areas i need to grease and or prep for general maintenance and or rain/washes.

and to everyone that chimed in thanks for your suggestions and support, its what makes this community and page great!

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
well, i got home from my date last night around midnight (makes it two full days since the wash and or issue started) and the i decided to connect the battery and EHC again and now its functioning like it should. I did not start it but it did lite up and is acting like it should.

So maybe she just needed more time to dry. what bothers me is i didn't wet any electronics that i know of and used my air compressor to blow the water off as i didn't want water spots on her. So i don't know how to prep her properly for the future. I am going to get some of that dielectric grease and do the connections that i know of but again none of them where wet. Besides under the seat box and the spark plugs are there any other areas i need to grease and or prep for general maintenance and or rain/washes.

and to everyone that chimed in thanks for your suggestions and support, its what makes this community and page great!
For a good waterproof get a spray can of marine conformal coating and spray ALL of the PC boards down front and back. As far as the jst connectors go, I put heat shrink on mine. I take it to the carwash to knock the big nastys off and then ride her home to polish. Jmo.