Eric's Gofund me ( Th3infamousI)

Energy One

liferider

Looking forward to retirement
Yep I'm using a lawyer, I agree it's not worth my time either and I know this shit takes forever, he said it could be a year.

Well he said he has a very small pot to work with unfortunately and he was sorry to confirm my worry about her insurance. They are already in talks with my insurance because apparently there is an entire department (subrogation) dedicated to trying to claw back what they can. I just changed over to Aetna as of Jan 1 and according to the lawyer they are the hardest to deal with unfortunately. Go figure.

So apparently he has to cut deals with my personal health insurance carrier too. So yeah I'm letting the lawyers handle it, not to mention I already got a stack of medical bills/paperwork 10 inches high.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Eric, don’t get discouraged. It will get more frustrating before everything gets straightened out. The drilling rig wreck was a nightmare all because of a defective tire built out of this country. I agree with the lawyer route and turn him loose with a long chain and with orders to bite whom ever and what ever! This is your life, don’t play nice and don’t take no for an answer!

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately the attorney will be sure to get his 40%:oldangry:
Haha yep ...but he takes 33.33% not 40% ! Hahaha. But at the end of the day, even 33% isn't worth my hassle and time I need to focus on getting back to work he won't be making much either for how long it takes.

liferider

Looking forward to retirement
Good topic, insurance!
I carry $250,000.00 coverage to meet a 3 million $$$ liability umbrella. That is so for some unfortunate reason if it be my wife or one of the kids has a wreck I don’t loose everything!
But it seems every time I hear of a story like Eric’s it’s well they only had $$$ in insurance. What about hard assets like what I have a umbrella protecting!!! How come Lawyers hardly ever say well instead of you getting gutted let’s go gut the person who hit you! Have the lawyer do some PI work on the person who hit you. Do they own their house. With the bills piling up and it wasn’t your fault you were hit. Turn that lawyer loose on a long chain!!!

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Well gentlemen and ladies!! I know I have been a little quiet on my recovery as well as quieter than normal in general. I would never claim I lead a normal life but the last 5 months have been a little more than I am even okay with outside of normal.

First off I just want to again let everyone know I appreciate all everyone has done on this forum what a hell of a group to be a part of!

My recovery is progressing I was able to stick to my timeline with returning to work back on March 19th, so I got a month back under my belt. I can’t say enough about my company they kept me around and were and continue to be accommodating. After being out of the office for 15 WEEKS! I am forever grateful to return to a job and not ending homeless here. It was physically exhausting just going to work every day and mentally but it continues to get better so I am hopeful.

Really truly though it gives me a hell of a perspective and I’ve gone through and increased all of my insurance policies liability and underinsured coverage.

Well I started working out back at the gym as well on the 19th. I figured if I am going to the office I am also going to my gym, so things are progressing there and thankfully because insurance is basically not approving PT beyond 12 visits and for a guy that couldn’t walk it just amazes me. Luckily I don’t need it because I live a pretty healthy lifestyle and have been working out 5-6x a week for the last 15 years but I worry about other people and the health care industry is a mess but that’s a topic for a different day.

I don’t do mediocre well so this recovery has been forefront of my head. I was stretching for 4-5 hours a day before I could even walk when I got released the care facility I knew everything I can do was going to be beneficial. I continue to focus on the recovery in the gym and still have this damn foot drop on the right leg that is driving me nuts! I’ve always eaten what most would consider healthy and stuck to it and I haven’t had a cheat day in months! I was eating Chicken and Broccoli back in the rehab center and refused to eat most of the food they made. I am only about 5lbs lighter than before the accident but still lack the muscle.

Still got a long road to recovery and I also have another surgery coming up. Think we found a root of a particular problem I have been having since I got out of ICU, I have two massive kidney stones that need to be surgically removed. This has been a long saga, glad we finally found something but sucks I need to have surgery…again. Waiting to hear back from the hospital on when I can get in and taken care of.

I’ve got some plans to fix up the bike soon! This sure as hell won’t keep me away! The folks that don’t ride don’t seem to understand but I tell them as soon as I start changing the way I live my life due to someone I don’t know decisions or negligence then hell I’d rather be fucking dead anyways! We can’t hide from everything, if that’s the case why do people drive cars?

So last year I had started to think about remodeling the garage to make it a little more comfortable and I’ve always spent a lot of time in there working on the bikes or working out well since the accident I’ve had a desire to fix a bunch of shit around the house and why not start with the garage a few hundred bucks is all I need to Tiddy it up anyways! Let’s me break out the table saw and miter saw. Trying to introduce creativity to a space where I probably will be for residing over the weekends for a while as I disassemble and reassemble this bike! Looks like a full tear down as the down tube in the front got pretty scratched up from the tire going back. I am still waiting for someone to come check out the frame just to make sure it’s straight and I am not missing something ….hint hint….

Anyways just wanted to give an update I got a lot going on. I will be back and on the road and the banner that the forum put together for me has been hanging up in the garage for a few months! It’s a truly great piece and I will always hang that banner with pride! Great group to be a part of and I’ll post some pictures of the banner once I am done with my garage remodel its almost done just another weekend or two. J. Ya’ll going to be jealous! HAHA But here is the deal and most people know but my garage is open to everyone. I would be glad to help anyone if they are coming through Dallas and let them use my equipment in the shop or need some help. Don’t be shy! The fun part of this forum is traveling and if you get stuck it’s grateful to have a helping hand all over the country even if it’s just to use some tools!

Also, a BIG shout out to Derrick and Donna! Helping keeping me afloat over here!! We are lucky to have these folks in our community and their commitment to keeping us on the road! I look forward to continue to work with them for as many years as I can and as long as they got parts to ship!

"control your own destiny or someone else will" - Jack Welch

cdogg556

Guru
Well gentlemen and ladies!! I know I have been a little quiet on my recovery as well as quieter than normal in general. I would never claim I lead a normal life but the last 5 months have been a little more than I am even okay with outside of normal.

First off I just want to again let everyone know I appreciate all everyone has done on this forum what a hell of a group to be a part of!

My recovery is progressing I was able to stick to my timeline with returning to work back on March 19th, so I got a month back under my belt. I can’t say enough about my company they kept me around and were and continue to be accommodating. After being out of the office for 15 WEEKS! I am forever grateful to return to a job and not ending homeless here. It was physically exhausting just going to work every day and mentally but it continues to get better so I am hopeful.

Really truly though it gives me a hell of a perspective and I’ve gone through and increased all of my insurance policies liability and underinsured coverage.

Well I started working out back at the gym as well on the 19th. I figured if I am going to the office I am also going to my gym, so things are progressing there and thankfully because insurance is basically not approving PT beyond 12 visits and for a guy that couldn’t walk it just amazes me. Luckily I don’t need it because I live a pretty healthy lifestyle and have been working out 5-6x a week for the last 15 years but I worry about other people and the health care industry is a mess but that’s a topic for a different day.

I don’t do mediocre well so this recovery has been forefront of my head. I was stretching for 4-5 hours a day before I could even walk when I got released the care facility I knew everything I can do was going to be beneficial. I continue to focus on the recovery in the gym and still have this damn foot drop on the right leg that is driving me nuts! I’ve always eaten what most would consider healthy and stuck to it and I haven’t had a cheat day in months! I was eating Chicken and Broccoli back in the rehab center and refused to eat most of the food they made. I am only about 5lbs lighter than before the accident but still lack the muscle.

Still got a long road to recovery and I also have another surgery coming up. Think we found a root of a particular problem I have been having since I got out of ICU, I have two massive kidney stones that need to be surgically removed. This has been a long saga, glad we finally found something but sucks I need to have surgery…again. Waiting to hear back from the hospital on when I can get in and taken care of.

I’ve got some plans to fix up the bike soon! This sure as hell won’t keep me away! The folks that don’t ride don’t seem to understand but I tell them as soon as I start changing the way I live my life due to someone I don’t know decisions or negligence then hell I’d rather be fucking dead anyways! We can’t hide from everything, if that’s the case why do people drive cars?

So last year I had started to think about remodeling the garage to make it a little more comfortable and I’ve always spent a lot of time in there working on the bikes or working out well since the accident I’ve had a desire to fix a bunch of shit around the house and why not start with the garage a few hundred bucks is all I need to Tiddy it up anyways! Let’s me break out the table saw and miter saw. Trying to introduce creativity to a space where I probably will be for residing over the weekends for a while as I disassemble and reassemble this bike! Looks like a full tear down as the down tube in the front got pretty scratched up from the tire going back. I am still waiting for someone to come check out the frame just to make sure it’s straight and I am not missing something ….hint hint….

Anyways just wanted to give an update I got a lot going on. I will be back and on the road and the banner that the forum put together for me has been hanging up in the garage for a few months! It’s a truly great piece and I will always hang that banner with pride! Great group to be a part of and I’ll post some pictures of the banner once I am done with my garage remodel its almost done just another weekend or two. J. Ya’ll going to be jealous! HAHA But here is the deal and most people know but my garage is open to everyone. I would be glad to help anyone if they are coming through Dallas and let them use my equipment in the shop or need some help. Don’t be shy! The fun part of this forum is traveling and if you get stuck it’s grateful to have a helping hand all over the country even if it’s just to use some tools!

Also, a BIG shout out to Derrick and Donna! Helping keeping me afloat over here!! We are lucky to have these folks in our community and their commitment to keeping us on the road! I look forward to continue to work with them for as many years as I can and as long as they got parts to ship!

Good to hear things are progressing well, I have no doubt you will get back in shape in no time working out as much as you are, thanks for the update Eric.

mjsk9

Thanks for the update... Wishing you continued progress and want to see pictures of the garage make over!