Eric's Gofund me ( Th3infamousI)

SB03chopper

Eric I am glad you have such a positive attitude! Sometimes things get the best of us, and this is not your case at all. Only met you once in Sept. BBBQ, and that cost you a ticket just to get there. I have a sister and brother-in-law that live in north west part of Dallas, thinking about coming down and this year again, maybe I'll touch base with you then. Take Care.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Well gentlemen, it's been a while for an update but Its overdue and I owe you all a lot there's a tremendous amount of support on this forum.

This weekend has marked the 3 month mark for me getting the approval to start walking and I rung that in Saturday AM by not following any doctors recommendations..haha and running about 1 mile, then 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups and 300 airsquats and finished with another 1 mile run in a workout at my gym! I've been able to start running a few weeks ago and slowly worked my way up. I'm still slower than I used to be but it's progress. I was the first at my gym to finish last year and I finished only 8 minutes slower than last year in this workout and I'll take that! I was still able to beat some people at the gym so I haven't lost my competitive edge. Haha

I'm back to my pre accident weight upper body is almost fully back my legs still have a lot of strength to regain but I'm making progress! I havent cut any corners and most people are amazed at my recovery. Although I have to tell them it's all Ive been focused on and nothing else. I've been working out 6x a week since I was able to walk along with two-a-days twice a week. I was even getting in my pool back in early March when it was 62 degrees for cold baths to help my muscle recocery. I was told by many doctors I won't ever be as physically strong as I used to be, challenge Fucking accepted! How about stronger?

Here's another one....my rigid registration expired in March and I needed an inspection to register so I rode on Friday for the first time! Just a 3 mile round-trip cause I had to get to work. I always thought the words "Ride Or Die" was overstated but NOW I understand them in a new light. I can't give up riding, I love it too much! I've been riding since I was 12 and on the street since I was 18 I suspect I have about 60k miles ridden on the road (35k on bigdogs)and last year I took more trips then I have my whole life and even if a lady takes a left turn into me turning into a church parking lot on my way home from lunch and knockes me into next month...literally..

Anyways...the rigid fired right up after 6+ months and felt great to ride! A little more recovery to do before I start putting more miles on and I hope to be ready In a few weeks but it's hotter than hell already and hitting triple digits in Dallas this week!

Ride Or Die Gentlemen!!! and see you In KS soon!

Me at the Valvoline down the street for them to do an inspection I just hopped on it and didn't even check lights or horn haha but all was good! Took the dust cover off the bike and damn that rigid still looked purdy! The K9 in the background is just about to get torn the fuck dowm and rebuilt. Ill get another thread for that! Derrick and Donna have been a huge help to be able to even think about geting that bike back to ridable condition!

I also created a poster with a pic from one of my trips on the bike and a perfect summarzation with a George S Patton quote to hang in the garage. I love it!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Big D Florida

Troop Supporter
That's the best news I've heard in a long time, Eric. Toughness is as much about strength of character, and strength of will, every bit as is strength of body. You cerainly have a story that can inspire others facing obstacles in their lives.

Biker Babe

Queen Bee
Calendar Participant
Fantastic update! I adore the poster!
...Only thing I got to add ‘Ride or Die, Ladies (too!)’ (not a lot of us around here but a few)

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
Awesome recovery Eric,

I met George S Patton's Son (also a General) in Germany as a kid since my father is a cousin and I have always been on board with his philosophy

Huw

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
That's the best news I've heard in a long time, Eric. Toughness is as much about strength of character, and strength of will, every bit as is strength of body. You cerainly have a story that can inspire others facing obstacles in their lives.
Absolutely, I can only hope I can help at least one person in my lifetime. I will never be able to see out of my right eye again that I will continue to live with and for the rest of my life but there isn't any shit that shouldn't stop people from being the best they can be!

I need to start looking into joining a motorcycle awareness group. I have a keen eye now from watching idiots texting and driving and on their phones and it's getting out of control. The other day on my street we have a bicycle lane and while nobody was in that lane thankfully some asshat in his Tacoma was taking a selfie or on facetime and was driving halfway into the bicycle lane! I laid on my horn and gave him the finger of appreciation!

roadie1389

Absolutely, I can only hope I can help at least one person in my lifetime. I will never be able to see out of my right eye again that I will continue to live with and for the rest of my life but there isn't any shit that shouldn't stop people from being the best they can be!

I need to start looking into joining a motorcycle awareness group. I have a keen eye now from watching idiots texting and driving and on their phones and it's getting out of control. The other day on my street we have a bicycle lane and while nobody was in that lane thankfully some asshat in his Tacoma was taking a selfie or on facetime and was driving halfway into the bicycle lane! I laid on my horn and gave him the finger of appreciation!

TMRA is a good group that is always looking for new blood to aid in the cause.

www.tmra.org

https://www.facebook.com/TMRA-226313520729454/

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Great update Eric, glad to hear things are going so well ! :old2: Sue passes on her hellos, she's been asking how you're doing..
Thank you Doug.

Yep everything is going as best as I can!

It's been even better since I've stopped answering the phone if I don't know the number cause I'm tired of talking to people chasing medical bills! Haha