Electrical drama

snaggy

New Member
I doing a new build with a wire plus harness..all electrics are good BUT starter side is a problem ..on the module i have all green lights but compression release is red (manual compression release)i can hear starter relay clicking but when i press start button there is no voltage at green trigger wire to solenoid WHAT AM I DOING WRONG
 

snaggy

New Member
Yes i have checked power from ignition white wire from key switch to module and i have power....i have changed relays but nothing different there either....
I have power to the module the relay clicks when i hit the start button but no 12 volts comes out the green trigger wire to solenoid
 

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Starting relay inside the wire plus is probably not working which was a big issue with wire plus.. if everything else is working when you are doing a systems check then I would put a slam button on the starter and crank it from there...hell I road my blue bike for 9 years off the slam button...with that all said it would be a good idea to go aheed and order a new harness and a exel ehc to put on the shelf because the wire plus wont last to long...may last a few years hopefully.
 

snaggy

New Member
Starting relay inside the wire plus is probably not working which was a big issue with wire plus.. if everything else is working when you are doing a systems check then I would put a slam button on the starter and crank it from there...hell I road my blue bike for 9 years off the slam button...with that all said it would be a good idea to go aheed and order a new harness and a exel ehc to put on the shelf because the wire plus wont last to long...may last a few years hopefully.
I replaced the relay inside the module and no success
 

snaggy

New Member
This module also controls compression release..when i hit the start button it turns red....i have manual compression release so not using automatic CR ...WOULD THAT BE STOPPING POWER TO GREEN SOLENOID WIRE ......how could i bypass this
 

snaggy

New Member
I see what your saying, it might need to complete that circuit to activate starter,,,, Question then would be how to fool it into thinking circuit is complete?
I just tested compression release wire .....i took the CR wire and connected it straight to 12 volt and it tried to spin the starter motor so im guessing this wire needs to be operational....so how do i hook up the CR wire if i dont have a ACR unit....i obviously dont want to have 12 v to my CR wire all the time ..but what if i hooked it into my starter button wire ...then it would only have power when the start button is pushed WILL THAT WORK?????
 
Top