Electrical drama

Energy One

snaggy

New Member
I doing a new build with a wire plus harness..all electrics are good BUT starter side is a problem ..on the module i have all green lights but compression release is red (manual compression release)i can hear starter relay clicking but when i press start button there is no voltage at green trigger wire to solenoid WHAT AM I DOING WRONG
 

snaggy

New Member
Yes i have checked power from ignition white wire from key switch to module and i have power....i have changed relays but nothing different there either....
I have power to the module the relay clicks when i hit the start button but no 12 volts comes out the green trigger wire to solenoid
 

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Starting relay inside the wire plus is probably not working which was a big issue with wire plus.. if everything else is working when you are doing a systems check then I would put a slam button on the starter and crank it from there...hell I road my blue bike for 9 years off the slam button...with that all said it would be a good idea to go aheed and order a new harness and a exel ehc to put on the shelf because the wire plus wont last to long...may last a few years hopefully.
 

snaggy

New Member
Starting relay inside the wire plus is probably not working which was a big issue with wire plus.. if everything else is working when you are doing a systems check then I would put a slam button on the starter and crank it from there...hell I road my blue bike for 9 years off the slam button...with that all said it would be a good idea to go aheed and order a new harness and a exel ehc to put on the shelf because the wire plus wont last to long...may last a few years hopefully.
I replaced the relay inside the module and no success
 

Snuffy

Well-Known Member
Supporting Member
Your problems are most likely from the wires plus. I know that’s what you have and all but it’s just not good. If it doesn’t work it doesn’t work. Like Knothead suggested is the best option. Best of luck
 

snaggy

New Member
Your problems are most likely from the wires plus. I know that’s what you have and all but it’s just not good. If it doesn’t work it doesn’t work. Like Knothead suggested is the best option. Best of luck
I will have one last play with it today then if no luck i will get a new harness .......cheers for everyones input
 

snaggy

New Member
This module also controls compression release..when i hit the start button it turns red....i have manual compression release so not using automatic CR ...WOULD THAT BE STOPPING POWER TO GREEN SOLENOID WIRE ......how could i bypass this
 
Top