Do you park your dog in nuetral?

Energy One

Do you park your dog in Nuetral?

• Total voters

liferider

Looking forward to retirement
I have been a Big Dog owner since 2004. I have never heard of these Ghost starts!!!!!!!!

nick52

neutral always except on the hill or any incline where i think it will roll,
i always turn off the gas valve and yes i did forget to turn it on once, and 1 block and it died now i dont forget

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
neutral always except on the hill or any incline where i think it will roll,
i always turn off the gas valve and yes i did forget to turn it on once, and 1 block and it died now i dont forget
Don't worry, in a few years, you'll forget more than just the gas valve!:D

mzinna

Zman
WOW.... usually on these polls, If I have voted already it reminds me and says, "you have already voted in this poll" but, this POLL says "You may NOT vote in this poll" !!!! why not? I don't understand why I am excluded from this poll...:confused:

francoblay1

The Spaniard
WOW.... usually on these polls, If I have voted already it reminds me and says, "you have already voted in this poll" but, this POLL says "You may NOT vote in this poll" !!!! why not? I don't understand why I am excluded from this poll...:confused:
Zman, just curiosity... have you sorted it ou? if not, get in touch with Tim (Bubblehead) :up:

baddoggie

Just finished reading through this thread. Never had an issue parking a rocket in gear, but some good info definitely. Good read!

BBChopper

Supports 2 Disabled Vets
Troop Supporter
I'm still waiting for this post:

So I parked my dog at my favorite watering hold and just in time it started to down pour. Must of rain buckets for a couple hours. So after it cleared up I go out and my dog is gone!!!! Guess I should have left it in neutral because it walked itself across the street and slammed into a BWM in front of Starbucks!:roll:

BWG56

Guru
I'm still waiting for this post:

So I parked my dog at my favorite watering hold and just in time it started to down pour. Must of rain buckets for a couple hours. So after it cleared up I go out and my dog is gone!!!! Guess I should have left it in neutral because it walked itself across the street and slammed into a BWM in front of Starbucks!:roll:
I call bullshit on this one, there's no way a Starbucks would be across the street from any of your watering holes, :rofl:Putz:lol::cheers:

Tall Mike

I *usually* park in neutral unless there is a chance it will roll....Finding neutral on this thing can be a royal pain in my ass..I have found neutral isn't quite so hard to find if I'm rolling, if the bike is sitting still like at a light it jumps over neutral to the next gear pretty easy..

I also am one to shut the gas off after its been parked for the day, I let it idle until the carb runs dry and the bike stalls out...Never liked letting gas sit in a carb, plus with my job I rarely know when the next ride will be.. :bang:

The Honch

I know this is an old thread, but I had to chime in. I always parked in gear, but after reading this thread, I now park in neutral and when I'm home, the gas is off and the tender is on.

ksmike

I just finished wiring up an interrupt relay to the neutral light switch on the transmission so the starter will not engage when it is in gear. It works great and now it will never start when in gear.

Only downside is that if I break a clutch cable again I will not be able to use the starter to get going from a dead stop. I guess that could be overcome by putting a jumper in the neutral plug if needed.

:D

Marky-Marc

I just finished wiring up an interrupt relay to the neutral light switch on the transmission so the starter will not engage when it is in gear. It works great and now it will never start when in gear.

Only downside is that if I break a clutch cable again I will not be able to use the starter to get going from a dead stop. I guess that could be overcome by putting a jumper in the neutral plug if needed.

:D
I'd be interested in seeing a pic of the interrupt? Part number? Sounds like a GREAT IDEA Mike. :2thumbs: