mleach72
Well-Known Member
Even though your ignition isn't directly connected to the voltage regulator, it is still getting power from from it indirectly. A bad VR can cause spikes in the system. Is there a fuse between the VR and battery? If there isnt, then a bad VR can damage things. I'm not saying that is definitely what happened, just trying to find possibilities.I took my old ignition to twin tec in DeBary. He said that excessive voltage cause something to cook internally and the little bubble on the back (resin or something?) was the tell tale sign. He told me to check my regulator.
I looked at install instructions and it doesn't have anything to do with the regulator or charging system. Would someone explain to me what would cause the unit to cook like it did.
Also, what I may need to check to avoid this again.
