Brand New BDM Bagger

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
View attachment 37850

I pulled the trigger on this 2010 BDM Bulldog bagger with 55 miles on it. Never been registered and came with the title signed by BDM back in the day. I bought it from Cycle City in NY and dealt with Theo, he is nothing but outstanding to deal with and the process was super slick.

I got the bike home and it sat for a couple of weeks due to me working. I then checked all fluids, battery, and pressures and took it for a spin. Worked great. So we decided to take it for a trip and went around the bay with it on Wednesday night. Everything worked great, after I worked on the radio for a few hours. The following week end I replaced the battery just to be on the safe side. After replacing the battery the bike started up and ran like normal until we got a mile from the house, then it started sputtering and wouldn't idle at all. Rode home and parked it and jumped on the old K-9 just to realize what bike had gotten the tender lately. So we took the Hummer to lunch. I've studied up on the EFI but can't for the life of me figure what has gone wrong. The needle on the speedometer never worked either, but the digital portion of it works just fine. Today I landed a sissy bar, a new touring seat, and extensions for my forward footboards so I am super happy about it. Just a few wrinkles to iron out and I'll be the proud owner of what, in my humble opinion, is the coolest touring bike on the planet.

Now if you have any good suggestions about the EFI or the speedo, please feel free to share.
Without going thru all the off topic comments, did this issue ever get resolved?

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
"After replacing the battery the bike started up and ran like normal until we got a mile from the house, then it started sputtering and wouldn't idle at all. Rode home and parked it and jumped on the old K-9 just to realize what bike had gotten the tender lately. So we took the Hummer to lunch. I've studied up on the EFI but can't for the life of me figure what has gone wrong".

Looking to see if this issue was resolved and what the issue was. Does not hurt to hear about the dealer as well...

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but I do that on the pegs too. I just ordered a new set of pegs from Donna and will try both ways.
When I saw Rick the other day he mentioned the boards and said they weren't in the right spot. We talked about the 2.5"extensions with the boards might give a better position.

Something else to try maybe. I assume the boards will be very advantageous on a long trip.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Viking

Biker
When I saw Rick the other day he mentioned the boards and said they weren't in the right spot. We talked about the 2.5"extensions with the boards might give a better position.

Something else to try maybe. I assume the boards will be very advantageous on a long trip.

I already put the extensions on them, something that needs a little modification. Still think pegs is my way. I guess when you have used pegs for 47 years, it just becomes a habit....

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
I already put the extensions on them, something that needs a little modification. Still think pegs is my way. I guess when you have used pegs for 47 years, it just becomes a habit....
Well Rick is looking for a set of extensions if you don't want to keep them

Viking

Biker
Donna has them, I'm keeping the extensions regardless. I talked to Rick about it. Rear brake hose needs to be replaced and some grinding/drilling on the shifter.