Best Bigdog Mechanics in each state

Rodomous

Thanks, this forum has been great! Looking forward to being part of this Brotherhood. Excited and have no worries!!

mjsk9

I got another week or 2 before I get the bike back. Going nuts cause I wanna take it out on the road. I am just trying to get smart on the bike right now. Pulling down the manuals I can find. I’m hearing it’s smart to get into the mode of working on it myself. I wish there was a big YouTube library with this stuff. Bike had some significant issues, They are going to fix what they have identified, according to them when they are done with the bike I can write it from here to California. I doubt it but I just want to get smart on it. I want to know where to take it when I get into trouble and I can’t do it myself. I am in southeast Virginia. Thanks for checking in
Hey Eugene... Not sure if this is the site where you were "pulling down manuals" but here is a link compliments of Mr. Wright....

JDogg

Been through every shop in Vegas for seven years.
One was the original BDM dealer I bought my '05 from that fucked it up so bad BD had to give me my current '07 in exchange or I threatened to sue.
Though not a Big Dog dealer, only one who has touched my bike over the last two years is Las Vegas Dyno, located at The Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Did the WP install flawlessly and has the bike running as good as ever including no pop on decel. :2thumbs::2thumbs:
Vegas Dog here too. Have used O School Choppers with success. Never heard of LVDyno before. They do everything?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Rodomous

The power/ ECM question about the 2004 Mastiff 117 version. Dealer says the bike does not have an ECM. The power elements are the stater, rectifier, regulator, battery. He says it does not have an ECM. Does that jive with what you guys know about this bike?

Rodomous

I asked if they were going to add the new EHC RIP kit, they said it does not have a module. Is that a 2004 issue or 2005?

mjsk9

The power/ ECM question about the 2004 Mastiff 117 version. Dealer says the bike does not have an ECM. The power elements are the stater, rectifier, regulator, battery. He says it does not have an ECM. Does that jive with what you guys know about this bike?
Best way to get assistance from the members of this site is to take and post a few pics of what is under your seat so we can take a look and let you know what you have. Bikes have been known to be modified by previous owners from the way they were when they rolled out of the Big Dog factory.

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
I know someone here in Tennessee but like looking for someone to do anything with a transmission in a car or truck, no one I know I would really trust with tearing into the motor of the Scooter, little bigger cam, a rattling noise in the top end at a higher rpm's, and a couple of other little things.
This I will say to the entire world note! I have been on this forum ever since I bought this Ridgeback which a lot of people have been wonderful pointing me in the right direction on a lot of things greatly appreciated, I really do thank you all. I will say this if I where in a position, closer to where ever hell Fellsmere Florida is from Old Hickory Tenn, I would take my ole scooter and let BBChopper take it and have no worries or concerns about my old dog at all. I don't say this lightly either I am anal about my old pick up truck as well and it has taken me almost two years to get used to letting Ford change my oil. They do it cheaper and check everything too than I can buy the same oil at Walmart. The tech that does it and I have got to know each other. He knows I am an old fart that is untrusting of techs, dealers , and sales people, not maybe in that order. I really would let BB take my ole scooter with no worries, like I could sleep at night if He had it a month or two.

ya'll have a Great day , God Bless all,
I can't come to Florida now anyway,
Ray
Hey Ray, I live near Fellsmere is BBChopper still in business down this way? Thx! Mick

Rodomous

Best way to get assistance from the members of this site is to take and post a few pics of what is under your seat so we can take a look and let you know what you have. Bikes have been known to be modified by previous owners from the way they were when they rolled out of the Big Dog factory.
Got it, absolutely, I was trying to get all this done before I took possession of the bike. Truth is they’re only going to do what they are willing to do, what they consider Road ready. But yes I will definitely take pictures and get to the bottom of getting this beauty ready for the road. I hope to get it in my garage in the next few days most of the parts have come in so it shouldn’t be much longer.Thank you and everyone who has responded, looking forward to getting that warm and fuzzy from the mechanical worthiness of the bike.

vej

It’s an old thread, but anyone have a good tech/mech/shop in Tampa area… especially for my tranny!?