Best Bigdog Mechanics in each state

jon57

Rich, have u tryed Street Stuff Cycles In Norwich, Ct. former Bigdog dealer they say they are good claim to have Bigdog owners come from Me. & Nj. never went to them

Big Willy

Any recommendations in the Cincinnati area? Per the Big Dog website there are several certified service providers. I have one that is 5 miles from my house in Florence, KY - shorty's cycles. Any feedback on Cincy area or Shorty's in particular? I ill do all my own basic maintenance, but if I need a good technician......
You should check out Parker's Precision Cycles on Kellogg Ave in Cinci, phone 513-321-1085. He does really great work. Worked at a BD warranty / service center for a while and knows them inside and out. Only thing, it's a small shop and he's a one man show. But I deal with it.

Tdubb

You should check out Parker's Precision Cycles on Kellogg Ave in Cinci, phone 513-321-1085. He does really great work. Worked at a BD warranty / service center for a while and knows them inside and out. Only thing, it's a small shop and he's a one man show. But I deal with it.
Thanks!

JeffMoll

Thanks for the vote - Jeff Moll is back! I am now at my own shop called JMC Custom Motorcycles located in Savage Minnesota. The shop is set to open later this month.

cfreitas

Desperately Need Mechanic in San Jose, CA

My bike is completely down and I am in need of a good mechanic in the Northern California area that I can depend on to work on my bike. Hate having it sit. Anyone out there know anyone???

Thanks!!

blackdog03

Hollywood cycles in Brookfield IL is a no go.. Sold me my 08 K9 but once Big Dog closed up shop Hollywood motors wouldn't work on it for me anymore.. awesome. Might have to give Black Magic in Sandwich a call.. Im about 30 minutes from them.. Think my EHC is takin a crap. No low beam(bulb good), now the bike wont turn over(battery tested ok)... awesome... Just wanna ride.. Tempted to make a wires plus or motogadget swap for my EHCshitpile.

LA_Dog

Go Fast, Go Faster
Great shop in Los Angeles / Long Beach area "Ater Hours Automotive"- www.afterhoursautomotive.com I go there a lot for custom fabricated parts - Cabon fiber, fiberglass, billet, 1-off pieces, custom exhaust, custom paint or powdercoating, etc. Brian Kono, the owner, is an effing genious with designing / making anything and is one of the coolest guys you'll meet.

Now I just find out that a good friend of mine Bruce teamed up with Brian on the custom bike side. Bruce has been doing custom and performance work on HD, customs etc for 30 years. He's one of the most knowledgable master wrenches you'll meet as well as one of the nicest guys you'll meet. They are doing all aspects of service, customizations, performance upgrades, and parts cryo treatments on V-twins.

I've got my tins over there right now getting prepped / repainted, and Brian is going to re-make the tank center console out of matte carbon fiber and maybe a front fender to match. I had him do some carbon fiber interior parts on a 911 I used to own, and OMG the parts were show quality (but cost was way reasonable). I'll post up some pics when done.

My buddy has his Road Glide over there for a 103 kit upgrade and some other go-fast fixin's. When I was down there, they had in a fully custom chopper in the shop and were fabricating some custom handlebars and risers for the bike, a one of a kind setup per the owner's request. pretty cool stuff.

Anyway, if you live in the area or adjacent, call over there (phone number is on website) and ask for Brian or Bruce. Tell them Kurt referred you. Definitely worth your time.

C00lHandLuke

Recently I used Performance Cycle, LLC in West Monroe, Louisiana. I was in the market for a new mechanic and decided to give this shop a try. The man I talked to, Tim Sykes, was more than helpful and accomodating.

He allowed me to make an appointment and I dropped my bike off first thing in the morning, trailered it of course so it wasn't hot, and picked it up that afternoon. His labor was reasonable and his work product was good. I will definitely use him again.

Does anyone else, in central Louisiana, have any info on this shop? I would really like to know what others think.

tatajoe

For electrical problems and if your down here in South Eastern Arizona (Douglas) it's CHOLOS, great auto electric fixer upper. :up:

Medic40

Whats up. I live in Cumberland RI. I go to Performance Cycle in Woonsocket. That guy is pretty straight forward not a lot of bullshit. Good shop rates and pretty good turnaround and helps out in a pinch. never let me down yet. he's the only one I found in RI. None the less still a good mechanic.