2009/2010 Wolf Tires

How many Wolf (220/50/20) tires can you commit to?

• Total voters

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
I found a tire that would work, it's a vee rubber. 200/40/ R20. $130. But I just sold my wolf..Very sad day...but until big dog gets a grip on there company I'm done with them. I am one of there biggest advocates, but they make it very hard to defend them anymore...
I'm not sure what you expect from a company that has a whopping 3 full time employees amd a 2500 square foot shop who sold 17 bikes last year.

While I understand your frustration with the tires. You must be able to understand that when your a small company you can't tie up 100k-200k In working capital for a rear tire on a bike they didn't have a hand in producing. Not to mention with the limited wolfs made I'm not even sure they could sell 100 tires before they went bad and then became a liability. If they made those kind of silly decisions they would sure fail for the third time. There is a good reason they only produce 2 bikes now, a K9 and a Mastif

You can't look at the new Big Dog and the old one the same, drastically different companies

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

cdogg556

Guru
I'm not sure what you expect from a company that has a whopping 3 full time employees amd a 2500 square foot shop who sold 17 bikes last year.

While I understand your frustration with the tires. You must be able to understand that when your a small company you can't tie up 100k-200k In working capital for a rear tire on a bike they didn't have a hand in producing. Not to mention with the limited wolfs made I'm not even sure they could sell 100 tires before they went bad and then became a liability. If they made those kind of silly decisions they would sure fail for the third time. There is a good reason they only produce 2 bikes now, a K9 and a Mastif

You can't look at the new Big Dog and the old one the same, drastically different companies

Well you answered my question! I was just talk'n bout this last week at Paul's house with Ker, I did'nt think that they are selling a whole lotta bikes, is this info you got from Matt himself Eric?

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Well you answered my question! I was just talk'n bout this last week at Paul's house with Ker, I did'nt think that they are selling a whole lotta bikes, is this info you got from Matt himself Eric?
Yep..i asked him in KS 2016 they sold 17 and they had sold about 15 already this year, was on track for about 30. Their goal is only 100 bikes a year they don't want to make anymore than that as it brings too much additional overhead. Not to mention we all know motorcycles are cyclical industries and when you get too big you can't be agile enough to withstand downturns in the economy.

bigkelk9

Yeah, we all sat down and were able to ask questions and so on, their line up for 2017 is the K9, Mastiff, Coyote, and Boxer.. they don't ever want to get anywhere near as big as they were because of over head of coarse, but quality. Their frames are being made in house again as well as the majority of everything else. All redisgned and better quality. That s what they are looking for.

cdogg556

Guru
Well definitely sounds like a good business approach this time, stay smaller and don't get in over your head! Thanks for the info guys!

Fran

It's not the wolf tire that has me frustrated. Its that there stuck in the past...I want a new big dog...I tried talking to Matt about what I wanted and didn't want...I want a pro street without the big rear tire, and he said he couldn't do it... Im sorry to be the one to say this but the days of the big tire are gone...Just like these baggers, there on the way out too. Big dog use to be 10 years ahead of the pack...Now there 10 years behind..
They made one of the best bikes on the market...Knowing what I know I can't understand why a company that is in financial trouble and on the verge of closing the doors keeps making a product that isn't selling..Get with the times BD..or I have to do what I don't want to do....and that is buying a Harley...

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
It's not the wolf tire that has me frustrated. Its that there stuck in the past...I want a new big dog...I tried talking to Matt about what I wanted and didn't want...I want a pro street without the big rear tire, and he said he couldn't do it... Im sorry to be the one to say this but the days of the big tire are gone...Just like these baggers, there on the way out too. Big dog use to be 10 years ahead of the pack...Now there 10 years behind..
They made one of the best bikes on the market...Knowing what I know I can't understand why a company that is in financial trouble and on the verge of closing the doors keeps making a product that isn't selling..Get with the times BD..or I have to do what I don't want to do....and that is buying a Harley...
I think he just wants to stick with what him and the team knows which is the big tire bikes. He has a few smaller tire bikes and they have never sold. I might argue the opposite side and say for him to tell you he can't do it means he is staying in his lines and not interested in putting out something one off or custom as the cost to build exceeds a profitable job for him. At least he didn't just say "sure" and build the bike over budget. Plenty of custom builders out there that will take on your project.

There is a Mastiff that has been sitting for 2 years on the showroom floor in Dream Machines in Dallas. I'm not sure how many prostreet bikes are selling. So someone still buying these big tire choppers as I know Dream Machines in Dallas has sold 3 or 4 2017 k9's already this year.

I'm not old and I still like the fat tire choppers. But I won't argue with you that it's "out of vogue" at the moment.

Fran

Btw did you see the boxer? Or you looking for a bobber type?

How about Roxanne? You will have the one and only with this bike. It's a cool ass bike

http://motorcycles.bigdogisback.com...nne-pitbull-47c928ef829f4bbda8c7af26e17171b8/

I like the Roxanne but not the hard tail... I have to say I wish Matt would make a cheaper version of the wolf. He said it would cost too much but I don't agree. I know what they got into these bikes and it won't be that much more. They could start with the Mastiff frame and a narrower swing arm.. then all they have to do is fatten up the forks. Sounds simple I know...
I also heard they may have a buyer with some newer ideas...Maybe I will wait little longer to see what happens.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
I like the Roxanne but not the hard tail... I have to say I wish Matt would make a cheaper version of the wolf. He said it would cost too much but I don't agree. I know what they got into these bikes and it won't be that much more. They could start with the Mastiff frame and a narrower swing arm.. then all they have to do is fatten up the forks. Sounds simple I know...
I also heard they may have a buyer with some newer ideas...Maybe I will wait little longer to see what happens.
I'm not a big fan of the wolf myself actually. I can admire the clean sleek lines but it's not for me. To each their own!

Yep we will have to wait and see what comes of this investor.

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn’t any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it’s right. If it disturbs you it’s wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." (From Pirsig's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Fran apparently needs something other than a Big Dog.