07 k9 power but no spark

Can someone show me the wiring schematic they refer to in the pic possibly farther? Got this off bigdogisback.com

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

The second "flowchart" won't download but I'll look into the first one.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
On the right hand side of the battery there's a silver box that is your ignition module. When you turn the key on and push the run button, does the little red light come on.
If it does but the other two lights don't blink when you're spinning it over, your crank sensor is bad and not sending a signal to the ignition module.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Of course I'm assuming that the bike is spinning over and not firing. If it's not spinning over put another battery in it. Preferably a Deka

Sven

Wire to Jobbers:
Power from key to coil. Test light to one of the coil lugs, so you know with key on you have power to the coil.

With the crank/cam sensor plug [connector] removed, use a volt meter and run the probes into each wire. The sensor uses one wire wrapped around a metal dowel peg call it. You spin the engine and this should make AC volts, but the volt meter will show if it can pulse voltage out of it. This should flicker on and off like an old set of points.

The EHC or the spark box. The crank sensor just can't be directly hooked to the one side of the coil like an old set of points. I think the square wave might need a conversion to trigger the on/off inside the processor, let alone the advance needed to start and run.

The troubleshoot tree:
Can't be the power if it goes down to the coil's lug.
Can't be the coil being one of the most dependable jobbers on the bike/cars [with many on one engine].
Could be the sensor if no output/low output, heading up the wires.
Could be the processor if self codes with LED's, but the processor renders the bike a boat anchor, as will the crank sensor being that heart or pulse made as well.

Ign System Loop:
1. Crank/cam sensor.
2. Coil.
3. ECH, spark box, processor [advance purposes].
4. Power [key switch] 12v at battery.

Mr wright. The red light comes on, there are lights that flash when turning it over. I can't remember what lights flash. Pretty sure a yellow and maybe red?

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Mr wright. The red light comes on, there are lights that flash when turning it over. I can't remember what lights flash. Pretty sure a yellow and maybe red?

OK, if the lights are flashing when you are turning the engine over, you have signal to the ignition module.
Check the wiring from there to the coil. not uncommon to find a broke wire at one of the connectors.
Double check for spark. Pull a spark plug, reconnect the spark plug wire to it, and hold it on the head. Spin the engine over and see if it sparks.

OK, if the lights are flashing when you are turning the engine over, you have signal to the ignition module.
Check the wiring from there to the coil. not uncommon to find a broke wire at one of the connectors.
Double check for spark. Pull a spark plug, reconnect the spark plug wire to it, and hold it on the head. Spin the engine over and see if it sparks.
Coil has power to all 3 wires. But no spark

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
There is a test to see if the coil is bad. It's one of those tests I have to look up each time I need to do it. Here's a link to the manules. It should be in there. I'm headed out the door for work right now. I'll check back at lunch.

There is a test to see if the coil is bad. It's one of those tests I have to look up each time I need to do it. Here's a link to the manules. It should be in there. I'm headed out the door for work right now. I'll check back at lunch.
Thanks. Replaced coil thinking that was the issue

Try this link for the Diagnostics. Start at (Engine cranks but won't start) it should help you isolate the issue. Don't skip anything even though you may think you already checked it.

I got that part but don't know what 8/9 are or the other numbers. I don't understand that part.

Mikeinjersey

Disconnect 3 place connector 8/9.

They are referring to the connectors on the Wire Diagram . The wire diagram is at the bottom of the chapter 8 file I sent you. Connector 8/9 is at the ignition module. A19 and A23 are at the EHC.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Yeah, that has me confused too. If you go to the wiring diagram, 8 & 9 are for the speed sensor.