04 pitbull to ridgeback build

Energy One
Bike looks great. Best of luck getting it finished. How did you fix the master cylinders after chroming messed them up ?

I love those pipes. Any additional info on them ? I didn't think anybody was making RHD pipes any more.
Well the master cylinder was damaged. Curtis still has the metal epoxy and just Hasn’t fixed them yet. Not sure if he can. I ended up buying a used set . They are going out for chroming and install 4-6 weeks.
The pipes are made be accessories hd ! So far so good

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Bike looks great. Best of luck getting it finished. How did you fix the master cylinders after chroming messed them up ?

I love those pipes. Any additional info on them ? I didn't think anybody was making RHD pipes any more.
Those pipes won't fit RSD, Paul's bike is an 04.

I bought them when they came out, I was hopeful I could fab a bracket for a K9 but they don't even sweep out enough.

So I have a set in the box they came in, never even fired up. I'll sell them someday but thought about putting the FSD on the rigid then run these on it but who knows what I'll do. I miss my D2's, I bought custom pipes from SIKpipes out of Pennsylvania and heat Shields are too short. I don't recommend those either

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Did the alignment today and a TDI to check all torque specs had a bad rear brake switch and have one on the way. Last thing is to chrome the right front control. Unfortunately sport chrome is shut down so I am going with California chrome.
4-6 weeks lead in the chrome but it getting close

And I thought you'd be done by the time I got my tins back... o_O ;)
Me too, the early move has thrown things off allot, and the little things to get done haven’t helped.
Sport chrome ruined aluminum on my controls and had to purchase a used set, unfortunately sport chrome has closed due to some issues with their process.
It’s getting close and waiting on the right hand control from a local chromer. Nice thing is that I have started it up and with the exceptions of some adjustments .. clutch and rear brake lights it running nicely
Soon I hope

Parts back from chrome, used a local chromer this time and they did a good job. No damage to the master cylinder aluminum this time.

Additionally, Curtis made some passenger peg spacers that I had chromed. To clean up a gap on the rear mounts. It really never bothered me but his attention to detail on the small things is unreal. Wanted to show some of his work he did on his lathe and CNC machine.

FFB453FB-3593-4330-9450-A3E957435F7A.jpeg253008B3-E5B1-4961-8F5F-4A25EC569322.jpeg65D0BC84-B33C-4DBB-8782-043A2F2D6135.jpegCC64ADC8-CEFB-448B-BBCD-75E6C29361D5.jpeg

I polished all my billet last night. Man do I want to chrome that stuff...........

What do the spaces do ? I can't see where they are on the pegs.
The spacers are only cosmetic, if you look at the pic without the spacer there is a time gap between the mount and the peg. The spacer covers the gap.

Chrome is nice and easy to keep shiny, downside of chrome is once it is blemished your only option is to Re chrome. Billet takes more work but can be restored my wet sanding and polishing.

Getting a few things worked out having some issues with the rear brake lights working, bleeding the front brakes tonight after getting the controls back from chrome. I thought I would take a minute to post something I am really loving!!! The air cleaner install, as stated in a previous post the Arlen ness air cleaner was setup to fit a cv carb and would not fit our g carb. So many hours went into welding up by me and machining Curtis , to get it setup to fit the g carb !!!
Really proud of this and really thankful for WSW for making it happen..
E97B765D-A99D-4823-828A-972A3DFEA73A.jpeg

Getting a few things worked out having some issues with the rear brake lights working, bleeding the front brakes tonight after getting the controls back from chrome. I thought I would take a minute to post something I am really loving!!! The air cleaner install, as stated in a previous post the Arlen ness air cleaner was setup to fit a cv carb and would not fit our g carb. So many hours went into welding up by me and machining Curtis , to get it setup to fit the g carb !!!
Really proud of this and really thankful for WSW for making it happen..
View attachment 68036
Check with Big Kel. He got tattoos, he knows everything.

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
now, I know you don't want me telling you that you boogered up the slots on those screws, do you ?????? your patience is beyond belief.

Check with Big Kel. He got tattoos, he knows everything.
now, I know you don't want me telling you that you boogered up the slots on those screws, do you ?????? your patience is beyond belief.
well actually we removed some materiel on the edge of the screws which stretched heads. But they were torqued to spec with loctite !
Only thing I will say is one step forward 3 steps back ! No fucking way will I ever attempt a build from the frame up ... this is my last ever build like this ...

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
well actually we removed some materiel on the edge of the screws which stretched heads. But they were torqued to spec with loctite !
Only thing I will say is one step forward 3 steps back ! No fucking way will I ever attempt a build from the frame up ... this is my last ever build like this ...
and from the pictures, you can most certainly be proud of it.

As you all know busy with move but here is the footage of the startup
Still have some minor adjustments to get it on the road but she is close! Trying to post a video

Last edited: