What is/was your best upgrade

Energy One

List your best upgrade/improvement on your Big Dog

• Total voters

waykool

Banned
The sissy bar.:2thumbs: No more wife leaning on my back. :whoop:That is until I goose it anyway.:D

Also just got the new Avon Cobras installed. Totaly different feel to the ride.

Dlandbob

I have to go here!

My Big Dog's Best Upgrade has to be My Ass on it!!!!

I added the dual air intake, mirrors and a few goodies but as far as the best thing done to this bike was adding me to it..

erldawg

Guru
Best upgrade so far was "S&S Dual Runner Intake" bolt on performance I could feel. :2thumbs:
Of course without the V&H 2-2 w/ BCT-QQ baffels the Dual Runner would not help. Bike pulls strong now.

sobersinner

punching out the restrictor plugs on the stock exhaust was my cheapest and best mod...adding the s&s tuned induction dual runner was great but im waiting for my xxx taz super G before i install my woods w9b (.630 lift) cam..I got a bad itch and im just getting started...im in the house of dogs and its been many a man's ruin

TwistedOne

Thought the Tman 650 cam did something until i put on an XXX Carb. OMFG, can hardly hold on now!!! Not enough O's in SMOOOOOOTH throtle response. 3K RPM is like 2K RPM and you just have to experiance over 4500 RPM when those Thunder jets kick in...

Little-Boo

Troop Supporter
Okay so the wife don't count as an upgrade.

I have ported heads milled 0.30, with 2.02 intake Valves, 1.605 exhaust, Woods 650 cam and springs, comatic .030 head Gaskets, Cometic .010 base Gaskets, S&S Rocker Boxes with roller rockers, Thunder Heart Adjustable Ignition, XXX Carb with dual thunder jets (TAZ DEVIL), JIM'S Hydro-Solid lifters, Wire Plus, Gothic Triple Trees, Devil Tail Force- Tec wheels, Baker Open Primary, Chrome upper Tubes, HID head light in a Adjure Bucket, Coffin Mirrors, Xoprodox Pegs, and hand grips, Extended Tribal Forward controls, Jake Gas Cap, Vulcan dual coil setup with Chesapeake coil bracket, Chesapeake Destruction control levers and Street Walker RP Gees 2-1 pipes, S&S Tuned dual Air induction. The best upgrade was the engine work with a slight compression increase (10.5) without a question. Other than the Machine work, I have done all the disassembly and assembly work myself :D. I am very pleased with it so far, may go to the Auto Clutch once mine give in. I like my fat-boy for riding around town and the dog for kick ass rides.

Carlos

scubaman15

I have ported heads milled 0.30, with 2.02 intake Valves, 1.605 exhaust, Woods 650 cam and springs, comatic .030 head Gaskets, Cometic .010 base Gaskets, S&S Rocker Boxes with roller rockers, Thunder Heart Adjustable Ignition, XXX Carb with dual thunder jets (TAZ DEVIL), JIM'S Hydro-Solid lifters, Wire Plus, Gothic Triple Trees, Devil Tail Force- Tec wheels, Baker Open Primary, Chrome upper Tubes, HID head light in a Adjure Bucket, Coffin Mirrors, Xoprodox Pegs, and hand grips, Extended Tribal Forward controls, Jake Gas Cap, Vulcan dual coil setup with Chesapeake coil bracket, Chesapeake Destruction control levers and Street Walker RP Gees 2-1 pipes, S&S Tuned dual Air induction. The best upgrade was the engine work with a slight compression increase (10.5) without a question. Other than the Machine work, I have done all the disassembly and assembly work myself :D. I am very pleased with it so far, may go to the Auto Clutch once mine give in. I like my fat-boy for riding around town and the dog for kick ass rides.

Carlos
Wow .... that's a lot . :whoop: cool I bet that's a hoot to ride!!!

Jersey James

Jersey James
I just recently extended the front end, (Forks by Frank) 2 1/4 inches. Bike looks great (03 Pit Bull) and handles just right.
Update: Just added a Triple X carb. ~ Best money spent. Purchased a new shorty G on Ebay, sent it to Triple X, for the mods. Goind to send Triple X the shorty G that was on the Pit Bull, have him rebuild it, and install it on the trike. GREAT combination S&S ~ Triple X

Last edited:

Trainguy

Chromeoholic

Carlos
So other than that, it's pretty much stock:roll::roll:

Little-Boo

Troop Supporter
So other than that, it's pretty much stock:roll::roll:
I love taking my dog to the HOG meetings :lol::lol: where everyone just looks, listens. Not one word is said :roll: They did mention a while back that if I ride the dog an any of the HOG RUNS, I would have to ride in the back. I told the Asshole just let me know where we are going and I will meet you there (catch me if you can). :lol::lol:

Carlos :whoop:

Dozer1

Okay. Have to now update my previous vote...

Just finished installing 585 cam. And that's DEF my best upgrade!!!

No, it's not the biggest by any means, but due to backcut gears in transmission, was alittle leary to go much bigger. (Tranny and torque bar is next year's project!) Too much HP and the tranny's have a habit of shredding. So went with what I did.

All in all, VERY nice increase in torque. Especially in the bottom 3. Was so sick of that damn emissions cam. Now I launch ALOT better!

Kinda trippy, tho, how different the 117 sounds now. Dyno-tuned at dealership afterwards, and even they said didn't sound like a typical Big Dog anymore. ALOT louder, a bit "beefier," and noticeably hotter (even with oil cooler). But I'm happy!

Trainguy

Chromeoholic
:iagree: I've added a lot of cool stuff (open primary etc) but the cam (585) really brought out the best from the exhaust and intake changes.

Last edited: