What do you answer when people ask you the cost of your bike?

Energy One

francoblay1

The Spaniard
I say look in the US web-pages and then multiply X 3.

That´s what it cost a BDM in Europe after you´ve done all legal requirements.

:chopper:

Minuteman

Supporting Member
Some people say you must of paid $50-60K for the bike. I then tell them that is is an '06' and and they are amazed with the shape it is in. They think that the price is that high as OCC sells there bikes for that and more. I tell them that I could not afford one of theirs and this is a poor mans chopper and better built then the OCC are. Then they just say nice bike.

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
I hear the same thing people cant believe mine r both 15 years old...and no offense to the occ guys but yes big dogs are built better...not really that impressed...i have fo work on the national guard occ bike as we speak...lol they glue stuff on instead of welding it...thats why i have to work on it now....may buy this bike just undecided15862.jpeg

what?

i just tell them what i paid for it. i don't like to bullshit people. plus its a good gauge to see if the person is worth talking to. if they are genuine and ask genuine questions, great. if i get a, "that's not worth it", or "i heard this and that about these bikes" or a "my friends got a real custom and paid this much"..... then conversation is over.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
I hear the same thing people cant believe mine r both 15 years old...and no offense to the occ guys but yes big dogs are built better...not really that impressed...i have fo work on the national guard occ bike as we speak...lol they glue stuff on instead of welding it...thats why i have to work on it now....may buy this bike just undecidedView attachment 65304
Must have been dropped? Where's the shifter? Primary looks scraped up but otherwise seems okay.

Not a fan of a lot of the parts on it but can easily remove them

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

mleach72

I hear the same thing people cant believe mine r both 15 years old...and no offense to the occ guys but yes big dogs are built better...not really that impressed...i have fo work on the national guard occ bike as we speak...lol they glue stuff on instead of welding it...thats why i have to work on it now....may buy this bike just undecidedView attachment 65304
I don't really care for that. It looks like it's missing parts, but I guess some guys like when they look that way.

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Must have been dropped? Where's the shifter? Primary looks scraped up but otherwise seems okay.

Not a fan of a lot of the parts on it but can easily remove them

Ok the deal on this bike is it got bought buy our city....so when it sold the government took anything off of it that said national guard or anything military on it...the names on the tank got sanded off...the gear shifter and brake levers where bullets...on top of the handle bars where bullet...down tubes had grenades on it....primary belt guard got removed cause it had a tank on it and i think said national guard on it to cant remember....look up the occ national guard bike and u can see what all was removed from the orginal...city bought it for there drug program to take to schools and what not....so now they want me to get it safe to start so they can crank it and idle around the school parking lots....told them how much and they shit there pants....missing alot of stuff....just the machine gun tail pipes is 800.00...ive talked to little paul about the bike seeing if i could get a few items from them and honestly they are freaking ridiculous...just think our government paid 99,999.99 for the bike for the national guard...worth maybe to me in perfect shape new around 30,000...

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Ok the deal on this bike is it got bought buy our city....so when it sold the government took anything off of it that said national guard or anything military on it...the names on the tank got sanded off...the gear shifter and brake levers where bullets...on top of the handle bars where bullet...down tubes had grenades on it....primary belt guard got removed cause it had a tank on it and i think said national guard on it to cant remember....look up the occ national guard bike and u can see what all was removed from the orginal...city bought it for there drug program to take to schools and what not....so now they want me to get it safe to start so they can crank it and idle around the school parking lots....told them how much and they shit there pants....missing alot of stuff....just the machine gun tail pipes is 800.00...ive talked to little paul about the bike seeing if i could get a few items from them and honestly they are freaking ridiculous...just think our government paid 99,999.99 for the bike for the national guard...worth maybe to me in perfect shape new around 30,000...
What's the point in having a bike that has been beat up and sanded up part of the school drug program?

If they don't want show quality then I couldn't support that. Trying to set a bad example of motorcycles?

Last edited:

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Lol damn good question isnt it....ive laughed about this for 2 months now...wasting our tax paying dollars....its actually one of the dumbiest things ive ever seen them do here or anywhwre as a matter of fact....i put it this way they screwed up and they know it...another words they want never do shit with it...hinestly all i want is the motor and trans....i would scape the rest i have no use for it or the want to put money in it

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Lol damn good question isnt it....ive laughed about this for 2 months now...wasting our tax paying dollars....its actually one of the dumbiest things ive ever seen them do here or anywhwre as a matter of fact....i put it this way they screwed up and they know it...another words they want never do shit with it...hinestly all i want is the motor and trans....i would scape the rest i have no use for it or the want to put money in it
Haha it's got an S&S and the frame looks decent, rest can go to the yard. Gas tank has to go, handlebard and rear fender struts.

Wheels and fenders should be fine with a new seat pan, and new forks.

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Yeah its ugly as hell...thats all i want it for is the motor and trans....we will see if i get it...think the motor best of my memory got less fhan 25 miles on it...im thinking it was 23 all it had...i got a 04 rolling thunder rigid frame i got from Derek few years back that motor would work great on lol...if i get the motor and trans off it i will be done with mine and ready for paint after mock up

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
I simply say "enough." Let's them politely know its none of their Fing business.
I agree, it's actually offensive IMO to ask a question like that it's like asking people what they make its not only not their business but it also doesn't fucking matter. What people spend on their bikes or what they make for a living has zero to do with anything.

I just say they are cheaper than you think as its over 10 years old.

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
I think some people just want to know because they assume and also don’t have manners. It used to be when asked how much I made, I told them how much I paid in taxes which was usually more than they made. I don’t really know why people ask but there are a lot of noisy people out there and it usually makes them feel bad about themselves when they get an answer which probably feeds into their sorry lives but I think they like feeling sorry for themselves.

Now that I’m retired, I have to live on 25% of what I used to which is hard but I’m a lot happier. :)

I have everything a guy could possibly want in life except in those moments where people like Eric show us some cool torque holding tool he found the link to amazon to share with us as an example. Then, I just have to have that cool tool because I know I’ll need it one day. I just hope I can find where I put it when I need it.:oldhardlaugh:

Blackie

Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
i just tell them what i paid for it. i don't like to bullshit people. plus its a good gauge to see if the person is worth talking to. if they are genuine and ask genuine questions, great. if i get a, "that's not worth it", or "i heard this and that about these bikes" or a "my friends got a real custom and paid this much"..... then conversation is over.
I am same way. Once I tell them what I paid new in 2008 for my sled their next answer tells me if they are genuine, an asshole or just jealous.