turbo charger for s&s 107

Energy One

mittens

So did anyone ever do this on here? I to have been wanting to fab one up.

Need a Super G carb set up for Blow through, and then can fab up pipes to make it work. just something for show and low boost. but has to be a riot.

Did a whole turbo set up on my waverunner its a blast.. chopper once done be even more attention whore at parkinglots.

bikeone

Take a look on Mr Turbo s page - they can tell you what kit fits.
another way is Mitsubishi TD 03 if you need turbocharger only -
In case of need have used TD 03 in stock in Germany.

DynoDave

Guru
It would look cool, for sure. For just boosting performance I'm not sure it would be worth the time and expense.
The S&S 107 isn't designed for high revs. That's why the rev limiter is set for about 5500 rpm.
On my '02 the only performance items were a .600 cam, XXX carb and straight pipes with BCT baffles.
If I nailed the throttle I would hit the rev limiter really fast!

mittens

Interesting on the TD03 turbo. How much for the used one? Will do some research on the compressor map for that turbo.

bikeone

I would really like to turbo charge the s&s 107 on my chopper (2004) but am not having any luck finding one. I talked to trask in phoenix and they said their kits don't work on the evo motors.
Mr. Turbo has a solution for the most bikes.
Have two TD 04 turbo chargers from Mitsubishi GT 3000 twin turbo if you need them.

mittens

Well I have looked at Trask stuff and CMP Turbo kits just for Ideas. I want to run a External Wastegate. All the TD03 and TD04 turbos seem to be internal gates. But also I am told Garret GT2052.

I really think the GT2052 is the right turbo for the bike. Just wish these smaller turbos you could find external waste gate options. I assume the builders are just welding the Internal ones shut, and then using external.

Thinking a GT2052, Weld internal wastegate shut, use smaller external wastegate and screamer pipe on the header pipe dumping out back, and build a header pipe to connect both jugs, into a T25 flange. up in front of the Frame Kinda under the Tripple tree. Could use standard brackets that clamp frame / support it all too (buy them and weld to them to make all one, and have chrome/power coated). Sucking air from under headlight and maybe not have it all on one side like the kits. Not sure how it would look. Will have to hold up a turbo I have and see what I think ha. But kind of my idea. Easy to make happen. oil feed/dain, weld pipes, and then the hard part. A blow through Super E Carb....

Last edited:

mleach72

Well I have looked at Trask stuff and CMP Turbo kits just for Ideas. I want to run a External Wastegate. All the TD03 and TD04 turbos seem to be internal gates. But also I am told Garret GT2052.

I really think the GT2052 is the right turbo for the bike. Just wish these smaller turbos you could find external waste gate options. I assume the builders are just welding the Internal ones shut, and then using external.

Thinking a GT2052, Weld internal wastegate shut, use smaller external wastegate and screamer pipe on the header pipe dumping out back, and build a header pipe to connect both jugs, into a T25 flange. up in front of the Frame Kinda under the Tripple tree. Could use standard brackets that clamp frame / support it all too (buy them and weld to them to make all one, and have chrome/power coated). Sucking air from under headlight and maybe not have it all on one side like the kits. Not sure how it would look. Will have to hold up a turbo I have and see what I think ha. But kind of my idea. Easy to make happen. oil feed/dain, weld pipes, and then the hard part. A blow through Super E Carb....
The big problem I see is the compression ratio on these bikes (I believe the 107 is like 9.7:1) is way too high for forced induction. You wouldn't be able to run very much boost. I don't think the gain would justify the cost. To see big gains, you would need to lower the engine compression down to 8-8.5:1. Then you start getting "turbo lag" at low rpms. If you've ever driven a turbo car, that lag really sucks. I think you would be farther ahead putting that money into something else like head work.

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
The big problem I see is the compression ratio on these bikes (I believe the 107 is like 9.7:1) is way too high for forced induction. You wouldn't be able to run very much boost. I don't think the gain would justify the cost. To see big gains, you would need to lower the engine compression down to 8-8.5:1. Then you start getting "turbo lag" at low rpms. If you've ever driven a turbo car, that lag really sucks. I think you would be farther ahead putting that money into something else like head work.
Or a bottle of nitrous. ;)

mittens

I have a Prostreet 124 on nitrous on the Bike lift at the moment. ah its a buddy of mines. I am not paying someone for the laybor. Cutting, welding and building a turbo set up is not costly. 5-8 lbs of boost wakes anything up.

I have built set ups before. just never on bike. we will see. But idea has been for a while, and I am riding more these days. So winter it may happen. worse case i put exhaust back on. carb, and exhaust change and a oil line... its not hard if you have both carbs.

john sachs

Or a bottle of nitrous. ;)
My oldest son, and daughter-in-law.
4 # 1 plates between the 2 of them.
Fastest female on 2 wheels , ADRL "Battle of the Belts" 2010 # 1 plate
Nitrous Express sponsored.
And they're still at it. We'll be at the Man Cup race, this weekend in Valdosta, Ga.
John

Attachments

Last edited: