Tear down

Energy One

bigkelk9

I am hearing it's common, Eric said he had one do it.. when I talked to Curtis he says he gets quite a few of them. He says that casting is crap and even factory they don' hold up too well.. he also told me to stop touching the throttle when I start it which is what someone told me on here.. he says let it start itself unless it's cold.. then use the first notch of the enricher.. that unburnt fuel sitting on top of the piston increases compression big time..

bigkelk9

But would compression level matter if releases are working? Andy smct did a lot of motor work to his I'm sure the compression is high on his too I wonder what starter he is using
He chimed in on this thread at one point I think.. we will see if he chimes In.

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
I am hearing it's common, Eric said he had one do it.. when I talked to Curtis he says he gets quite a few of them. He says that casting is crap and even factory they don' hold up too well.. he also told me to stop touching the throttle when I start it which is what someone told me on here.. he says let it start itself unless it's cold.. then use the first notch of the enricher.. that unburnt fuel sitting on top of the piston increases compression big time..
Must be tough for a blipper like you.. :oldlaugh:

Jwooky

When I was getting tires and bearings yesterday I was talking to Andrew Barnes about this process and showed the pics he really didn't know what to say but laughed and said it won't work if it's worn then replace it
They were not worn at all, thats the point. The proof is there, it stopped the noise. This is why the rocker lockers exist in the first place.

bigkelk9

They were not worn at all, thats the point. The proof is there, it stopped the noise. This is why the rocker lockers exist in the first place.
I did mine and it still has noise but I found out some other stuff that may have caused the noise too.. so we shall find out once I do my starter.

bigkelk9

20180523_185036.jpg 20180523_190055.jpg 20180523_201031.jpg Just an update on what has turned into a damn tinker toy after these upgrades.. so I had a head gasket leak since day one of putting her back together. Used Cometic .020 gaskets, changed to Cometic .038 gaskets, slowed the oil leak down a hair but still there. Went back to the .020 and bamm.. oil everywhere every time I ride. So I was on the phone with @Marky-Marc and he suggested I check my rings.. low and behold my rings on my brand new Carillo Pistons were within less then an inch of each other at the gaps.. staggered em per book and hopefull this will take care of everything because that blow by was horrible. I'll keep y'all posted as I throw some miles on it this weekend.

cdogg556

Guru
What would that have to do with the head gasket leaking Kel? Wouldn't the rings only effect the compression? I would think something is not right either on your heads or cylinder causing the gasket to fail, just don't seem like a ring issue, keep us posted though.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Going back to the starter issue too. My case broke because of a loose starter Bolt along with a few chips on my starter gear in the primary.

I think a loose starter Bolt is a common problem and for some stupid reason the manual doesn't even say use loctite if memory serves me right it says antiseize. I now use blue loctite on that starter and also replace the starter ring gear haven't had an issue since.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

bigkelk9

What would that have to do with the head gasket leaking Kel? Wouldn't the rings only effect the compression? I would think something is not right either on your heads or cylinder causing the gasket to fail, just don't seem like a ring issue, keep us posted though.
So with excessive blow by, it's got no where to go. So it' not blowing these head gaskets because they are Cometic which realistically are impossible to blow. They are just seeping past. So I'll find out tomorrow for sure. Hoping to go to Dallas this weekend and ride the bike, so that'll tell too..

bigkelk9

Going back to the starter issue too. My case broke because of a loose starter Bolt along with a few chips on my starter gear in the primary.

I think a loose starter Bolt is a common problem and for some stupid reason the manual doesn't even say use loctite if memory serves me right it says antiseize. I now use blue loctite on that starter and also replace the starter ring gear haven't had an issue since.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
I should check those because that new style starter doesn' allow u to use the lock washers from the bolts.. which sucks

cdogg556

Guru
So with excessive blow by, it's got no where to go. So it' not blowing these head gaskets because they are Cometic which realistically are impossible to blow. They are just seeping past. So I'll find out tomorrow for sure. Hoping to go to Dallas this weekend and ride the bike, so that'll tell too..
I would think it will blow by into the crankcase before seeping from the head gaskets, know what I mean? Anyway, you'll know soon enough.

bigkelk9

I would think it will blow by into the crankcase before seeping from the head gaskets, know what I mean? Anyway, you'll know soon enough.
It's all in theory and I'll find out here quick enough. I'm praying this is it, cuz if it isn't, that means that the machine work done in Iowa was worthless and I have to ship it back off that way for him to get it right.

BWG56

Guru
It's all in theory and I'll find out here quick enough. I'm praying this is it, cuz if it isn't, that means that the machine work done in Iowa was worthless and I have to ship it back off that way for him to get it right.
If he didn't get it right the first time are ya sure its a good idea to send it back to him?

bigkelk9

If he didn't get it right the first time are ya sure its a good idea to send it back to him?
All I know is I gave the dude like 1800 bucks so he is Gunna get it right.. my only fear is how much I have left to shave if any..