SW Ride and Meet

BigDogRick

Initiating a request for interest in a meetup in the SW. I am in Phoenix and it’s not a bad place to start But it depends on where the interested parties are from: Chime in and let’s make it happen.

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
Now here's one I wish I could attend. Anyone who hasn't had the opportunity to meet Rick, needs to be there. Let's get a desert Gathering going.
That is a good idea, Shannon. I’[ve met Rick when Blacktopper and I went thru Phoenix—Rick picked us up for lunch while we had a fix done on Roger’s bike.....
Looking for a date??

BigDogRick

I have personally checked out some pretty amazing day rides around Phoenix and could easily couple them together for a world class three day run. But, alas. I realize most are looking fir a two hour max cruise to a great bar and grill. That's ok. Just say so. EZ Dog and Mr. Wright can come crash at the House of Many Colors and we'll 'splore the backroads and byways of this magnificent state afterwards.

BigDogRick

Well, after a reasonable wait for response time (from actual SW residents) I have concluded that a SW Ride might better be extended to the general populace. That is to say, to those of you wherever you are that would like to converge out here and see the Sonoran Desert and all her beauty. Those of us who actually live here do not socialize so it seems. I will risk a little provocation and say that maybe I made the mistake of using the word "ride" in the description. At any rate, looks like late winter/early spring 2022 might make the most sense. HMan, EZ Dog, Mr. Wright, Chubs, SKOGDOG, Infamous, and anybody else - I would be all over organizing and hosting up to the limit of our capacity here, and coordinating stays as needed. We could even make the date flexible for late comers, early leavers, and diehard hanger-oners! Mr.Wright and I have a side dialogue going for early May but April is just as good!

chubs

Guru
Well, after a reasonable wait for response time (from actual SW residents) I have concluded that a SW Ride might better be extended to the general populace. That is to say, to those of you wherever you are that would like to converge out here and see the Sonoran Desert and all her beauty. Those of us who actually live here do not socialize so it seems. I will risk a little provocation and say that maybe I made the mistake of using the word "ride" in the description. At any rate, looks like late winter/early spring 2022 might make the most sense. HMan, EZ Dog, Mr. Wright, Chubs, SKOGDOG, Infamous, and anybody else - I would be all over organizing and hosting up to the limit of our capacity here, and coordinating stays as needed. We could even make the date flexible for late comers, early leavers, and diehard hanger-oners! Mr.Wright and I have a side dialogue going for early May but April is just as good!
I would really love to see that area again, ( was there last in 1980 driving through on the way to Camp Pendleton) . And would especially enjoy riding with you again . It was a ball at the meet-up in Kansas, and I'm sure it would be fun in Arizona !!

desertdawg

Obviously late to the party but think the out of state folks would really get a charge from the Tombstone/Bisbee scene. You could reenact 3:10 to Yuma and the ride would make more sense. If you're really a history freak you got Frank Stillwell's last breathing spot right next to where Dillinger got nabbed! Most of the peeps that now inhabit Bisbee are actual Woodstock participants but don't let the tie dye and hair fool you, most are packin' MBA's from an Ivy league and just decided less is more!

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Obviously late to the party but think the out of state folks would really get a charge from the Tombstone/Bisbee scene. You could reenact 3:10 to Yuma and the ride would make more sense. If you're really a history freak you got Frank Stillwell's last breathing spot right next to where Dillinger got nabbed! Most of the peeps that now inhabit Bisbee are actual Woodstock participants but don't let the tie dye and hair fool you, most are packin' MBA's from an Ivy league and just decided less is more!
I've rode down there it's worth it. Wish I could have spent more time in Bisbee, just had lunch at the hotel there and kept moving.

I will say the loneliest rode I've ever ridden on is route 80. Not a soul around from Douglas back north to the interstate 100 miles of unmolested land. Beautiful, I think I saw 3 trucks in that 100 miles and it was all border patrol.

I took the wrong street in Douglas and ended up at a fence, and I thought that's weird what's there a railroad or something? 100 miles Later when I got to the highway I looked at the map realized nope that's a fence with Mexico on the other side... haha

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Pddain

PHTM II
Supporting Member
I rode one of those roads. Highway 6 out of Bishop Ca to highway 95 to fallon Nv. It was snowing in Mammouth so headed to the desert to get to Reno From LA. Realized if I screwed up I would slide into the sage brush and no one would find me until spring. I saw three cars the whole trip. Up side is no one cared I was doing 100+ for most of the trip.

BigDogRick

I'm in for whatever the plan becomes .... Mesa / Payson was home for years ....... LA$ VEGA$ as of late !!!
Hey Psycho, I am gonna start framing a plan. i think I'll start by proposing some dates. Would you be riding down from Vegas and what would be your lodging preference?

BigDogRick

I rode one of those roads. Highway 6 out of Bishop Ca to highway 95 to fallon Nv. It was snowing in Mammouth so headed to the desert to get to Reno From LA. Realized if I screwed up I would slide into the sage brush and no one would find me until spring. I saw three cars the whole trip. Up side is no one cared I was doing 100+ for most of the trip.
Hey Pddain, where would you be coming from?

BigDogRick

Absolutely a Bisbee run would be top of the list!

BigDogRick

I would really love to see that area again, ( was there last in 1980 driving through on the way to Camp Pendleton) . And would especially enjoy riding with you again . It was a ball at the meet-up in Kansas, and I'm sure it would be fun in Arizona !!
Hey Chubs, April will come up quick. If we time it right, you got a chance of making it? I got the perfect guest quarters for ya. Front row at the fire pit in the Fambly Room!

Attachments