Replacing RT/LFT control boards

Energy One

CurtK

Hey guys, quick update. Found the .050 wrench, 43 cents. I was able to remove setscrew and remove old brake switch.
Started the tedious process of reinstalling everything. Almost there, few more hours should do it. Thanks to my gracious wife for standing around and holding things in place. PITA getting things plugged in with no wiggle room.
Curt

PS Latest forecast has us getting hit midday Saturday, CAT-1 70MPH sustained winds and gust to 85MPH.

Think I am going to stay home and ride it out. Got gas for the generator.

Ernie12

Hey Curt I might have to do this and I was wondering did you drain the master and take it completely off ?

CurtK

Yes I did drain master cylinder and simply moved to the side.
If you won’t have help some shrink wrap or zip ties to hold things in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Hey guys, quick update. Found the .050 wrench, 43 cents. I was able to remove setscrew and remove old brake switch.
Started the tedious process of reinstalling everything. Almost there, few more hours should do it. Thanks to my gracious wife for standing around and holding things in place. PITA getting things plugged in with no wiggle room.
Curt

PS Latest forecast has us getting hit midday Saturday, CAT-1 70MPH sustained winds and gust to 85MPH.

Think I am going to stay home and ride it out. Got gas for the generator.
Good deal ive took many of them apart......u can wrap the control with electrical tape to hold it on the bars....that way u can pry it open if need to do the work and not have to hold everything...

CurtK

Yes the bungy cords are useful but not very safe. Please be cautious.
Have a friend's son that lost an eye from it getting unhooked and smashed him in the eye.
Freak accident I know but it can happen. I have them and use them but I am a lot more cautious now.
Like the old fashion way just tying off with a rope or string.

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Yes the bungy cords are useful but not very safe. Please be cautious.
Have a friend's son that lost an eye from it getting unhooked and smashed him in the eye.
Freak accident I know but it can happen. I have them and use them but I am a lot more cautious now.
Like the old fashion way just tying off with a rope or string.
Damn i hate to hear that...bad deal

CurtK

Morning fellas, back to it this week. We weathered Hurricane Barry this weekend very good.
It was mildly inconvenient at worst. Lost power early Saturday morning until late Sunday night. Broken tree limbs and minimal rain in my area. Some people still without power today but there is a small army of lineman from numerous states in the area working to get everyone back on line. The power companies have there stuff together for rendering mutual aid. I am impressed. Had men from Tennessee working on my street yesterday clearing debris, reconnecting.
Fortunate to have a generator to keep the freezer going, ceiling fans and lights.
Compared to the trials some of the guys here on the forum are going through I am not complaining at all. I am very blessed.
Curt

Appreciate the concern from you guys. It's all good.

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Morning fellas, back to it this week. We weathered Hurricane Barry this weekend very good.
It was mildly inconvenient at worst. Lost power early Saturday morning until late Sunday night. Broken tree limbs and minimal rain in my area. Some people still without power today but there is a small army of lineman from numerous states in the area working to get everyone back on line. The power companies have there stuff together for rendering mutual aid. I am impressed. Had men from Tennessee working on my street yesterday clearing debris, reconnecting.
Fortunate to have a generator to keep the freezer going, ceiling fans and lights.
Compared to the trials some of the guys here on the forum are going through I am not complaining at all. I am very blessed.
Curt

Appreciate the concern from you guys. It's all good.
Good deal glad everything went good considering