Rear shocks

Energy One

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
I got my information from a couple different sources... but same principle. Rest assured, the folks I'm alluding to are in fact experts, after all.
A proven, permanent, and reliable fix is the goal, and BDM engineers and craftsman, and owners are diligently involved with the R&D processes to fit the best options with a minimum of structural modification. It would not be responsible, or prudent to release details until the applications have been proven both safe and reliable.
It was not my intention to fan the flames of controversy or drama, with my comment.
No controversy D.. you know me better than that... :oldsmile:

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
I got my information from a couple different sources... but same principle. Rest assured, the folks I'm alluding to are in fact experts, after all.
A proven, permanent, and reliable fix is the goal, and BDM engineers and craftsman, and owners are diligently involved with the R&D processes to fit the best options with a minimum of structural modification. It would not be responsible, or prudent to release details until the applications have been proven both safe and reliable.
It was not my intention to fan the flames of controversy or drama, with my comment.
Some things are just better left unsaid.

Milco

The Flying Dutchman
Hi,
I contacted them. I'm waiting their answer.
But, they don't know brand BDM.
Here, in Europe, people know only HD, not Saxon, BDM, Iron Horse...
May be, I will must to bring my Chopper toward their company.
Or only my left shock...
We must wait.
Hi Philippe, no answers yet?

We received the Shocks but Fournales somehow managed to send the 2000 and later model shocks. So we sent them back and should get the correct shocks in the next week.
We were able to check fit, despite not having an eyelet at one end, and look them over though. They fit fine and are definitely high quality. Their a full 2 pounds lighter per shock. They come preset so technically you just mount and go but I suspect, due to the difference in frame geometry between a Harley and a BD, there will be some adjustments needed. These shocks are nitrogen charged with air adjustment so using a compressor with them is pretty much out of the question due to the high pressures used. I'm anxious to get a couple of sets installed as I think these will be an awesome upgrade for BDs.
We will also receive springs this coming week so we can start offering the standard narrow body shocks again.

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
I see that we have the narrow body shocks in heavy and medium duty available now which is totally awesome, thanks Kapt. Is there any new info on the Fournales option?

I see that we have the narrow body shocks in heavy and medium duty available now which is totally awesome, thanks Kapt. Is there any new info on the Fournales option?
Fournales initially shipped the wrong model to us but we were still able to check fit and we found no issues as far as fit is concerned on 05 and up Choppers or K9s, which seem to be the biggest issue with the BD frames, but we have not been able to check the Mastiff frame yet.
We have returned the wrong ones, they sent 2000 and later models that have the threaded shaft at one end instead of eyelets, and are awaiting the correct versions. They are telling us they will be shipped this week so we should have them in about 2 weeks or less. They are really nice shocks, as they should be for the price, weighing in at a full 2 pounds lighter per shock and the fit and finish is 2nd to none that I have seen. Some were concerend about the location of the valves but we now know that the valve on the body is angled in when mounted so it cannot come in contact with debris or the road and the valve on the shaft is adjustable and locked in place with an allen set screw so it can be turned up out of the way to protect it. They are a nitrogen air shock utilizing high pressure so using a compressor with them is pretty much out the question as far as I can see. If person is looking for the ability to drop their ride and scrape the ground, lol, they will have to stick with the OEM style air ride. We are anxious to get a couple of sets on and tested as Fournales claims that the bike will not bottom out with these shocks due to the design. Fournales indicates that they come ready to go out of the box but that is for Harleys. I suspect with the difference in geometry between the Harley and the BD their will be some adjustments needed but we will soon see. If we find an adjustment is needed then we will make those in house before shipping so the customer can just mount them and go in most cases.

Any news ?
Jersey Mike is installing a set on his K9 currently.
While we had no issues installing a set here in the shop and another forum member has installed them on their K9 without issue Mike hit a slight bump with his transmission frame support being a hair, and we do mean a hair, to tight on the left side. Fortunately it is a simple fix on our part to get him going so we are almost there. I suspect we will hit bumps here and there along the way but we're here to resolve them as they come up and keep folks rolling. We have another customer that we are supposed to set them up with a set but unfortunately I have done a bad job at keeping track of their information and I cannot figure out who it was. Hopefully they will read this and get in touch with me shortly.
Please be patient with me though guys. It is the busy season and we are swamped with bikes and orders as well as some stupid crap with a subpoena and a lawsuit so we are overwhelmed at the moment.

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
While we had no issues installing a set here in the shop and another forum member has installed them on their K9 without issue Mike hit a slight bump with his transmission frame support being a hair, and we do mean a hair, to tight on the left side. Fortunately it is a simple fix on our part to get him going so we are almost there. I suspect we will hit bumps here and there along the way but we're here to resolve them as they come up and keep folks rolling. We have another customer that we are supposed to set them up with a set but unfortunately I have done a bad job at keeping track of their information and I cannot figure out who it was. Hopefully they will read this and get in touch with me shortly.
Please be patient with me though guys. It is the busy season and we are swamped with bikes and orders as well as some stupid crap with a subpoena and a lawsuit so we are overwhelmed at the moment.
Do you need someone else to test a set...I am willing and able if I can help?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

RBennet

That's great news do you have any pictures of the ones you installed in your shop?