Rear shocks

Dakotabos

Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
I think it was shut down due to a pissing contest that got out of hand yet again. I will get with the other Moderator

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
a discussion about a subject is one thing, but when it goes into an argument stage, it's gonna stop one way or another. killing the thread, time-out, or banning, which type of drink do ya'll want? the thread can be brought back, but the arguing is gonna stop.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
Why is the thread about the PS rear shocks shut down?
As few guys have said they fit 05 and up and pics on 05+ mastiff one guy seems to think they don't. Which is the same frame setup as a K9. If it wasn't the OEM shocks would be different. So do as you wish.

I saw your question on that RAP kit to adjust with the setup I doubt those will fit. Never mind how you would run the wire to hide it.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Dakotabos

Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Id like to find out the whole install and see but not call out a person for lying, calling other names and belittling the guy. We didn't even find out if he did the work or had someone assist, did some mod to make it fit, figured out a new way to skin a cat or anything. They said you cant add bags to a K9 and THATS been done and done very well. I am not pushing back Id just (To quote Paul Harvey Id Like to know the rest of the story) Yeah I'm that old AND
HAHAHA

Milco

The Flying Dutchman
I was thinking to ask a simple question, not knowing that it would get out of hand LOL.
Still haven't got a straight answer though, is there any airshocksystem (with built in compressor) or remote adjustable shock for a K9 without ruin the frame?
How is it possible that there are so much opinions, it's just a simple matter? It fits or it doesn't.....

Milco

The Flying Dutchman
I was thinking to ask a simple question, not knowing that it would get out of hand LOL.
Still haven't got a straight answer though, is there any airshocksystem (with built in compressor) or remote adjustable shock for a K9 without ruin the frame?
How is it possible that there are so much opinions, it's just a simple matter? It fits or it doesn't.....
And without exception, I love you all :oldsmile::oldsmile::whoop:

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
You can get a stock air ride system that fits the K9s and doesn't take any mods. I have air ride on my 07 K9 and it came on all the 07 Bulldogs.
Yep, I don't think there's another option then stock air ride for the 05+ is just one air shock and one normal one. That's the system you gotta go with and Derrick and Donna have them in stock I believe

Milco

The Flying Dutchman
Yep, I don't think there's another option then stock air ride for the 05+ is just one air shock and one normal one. That's the system you gotta go with and Derrick and Donna have them in stock I believe

Is that a reliable set, as much as the whole K9 is?:oldlaugh::oldlaugh:

Milco

The Flying Dutchman

And does it makes really a difference compare o the standard shocks?

Milco

The Flying Dutchman
A pitty, I do ride with or without my wife so it would have been nice to adjust the shocks:chopper:

dentdude36

Banned
Is that a reliable set, as much as the whole K9 is?:oldlaugh::oldlaugh:
I put the air ride on my 07 K9 I love it it rides much better than the stock shocks and I like the look when it’s parked aired down, I bought a whole kit from Donna and Derek and a very fair price it was used with very little miles on it but when I bought it I purchased a new compressor and selonoid so I had spares(just in case) I also put all new fittings and purchased new air lines (used proper sealer on everything) even tho the kit came with used air lines I figured I’d put all new on, I’m extremely happy with the purchase and the ride/operation of the system, I also used the gauge and mount from jerzee customs and with my intake set up I had enough clearance to mount the gauge in the two front wholes of the rear rocker box(not a guarantee with all intakes). Like anything if installed properly and maintained it will not leak and be trouble free.

a discussion about a subject is one thing, but when it goes into an argument stage, it's gonna stop one way or another. killing the thread, time-out, or banning, which type of drink do ya'll want? the thread can be brought back, but the arguing is gonna stop.
It seems to me that many times a "discussion" turns into an argument because someone is claiming you can do something on the Big Dog which others have shown actually cannot be done. In the 422s case there are a couple that keep going on about how the Progressive 422s will fit the 05 and up BDs, in a couple of cases i.e. the pitbull I can see where it is possible but I have yet to see any proof where it can be done on any of the others, but all those swearing it can be done will show no evidence or give any advice on how to actually do it. When those here that have actually tried to install them, and let's be clear we're talking about putting a set on without cutting, modifying or otherwise fabricating something, try to clarify that they in fact do not fit "they" get attacked with verbal abuse and called names but yet those few that are doing it still will give up no evidence other than "I seen it with my own eyes" and the "moderators" that are supposed to be moderating do nothing until it turns into a shit storm. This being a "Big Dog" forum where so many come for assistance with their Big Dogs one would think that beyond being "baby sitters" the moderators would have something to say about those issues as well since someone giving out bad or insufficient information would be a hindrance to those folks as opposed to an assistance. I can see letting shit storms rage in the Alley and other social areas because one can simply avoid them but in an area of technical discussion it seems to me that the moderators should be requiring folks to explain themselves if their going to give out information that owners may rely on to maintain their rides and the safety of those owners may be put in jeopardy. If they can't or won't explain themselves then shouldn't their post within that thread be deleted? If a thread is started regarding a technical discussion in an area that is not normally used for tech discussions shouldn't it be moved by a moderator to an appropriate technical area? In addition can't the moderators simply delete the negative BS posts within those threads and allow the real tech posts that are helpful remain? I've been guilty of letting my emotions get to me and I have seen those posts get deleted or modified. So why can it not been done else where and with others?

dentdude36

Banned
2 mastiffs both members @BWG56 and @Stone with progressive shocks and yes I did see a K9 with them installed and failed to get a picture I now wish I would have. Being called a liar and misleading members is why I replied the way I did I’m not the type to not stand up for myself I’d never steer any member ( or anyone for that matter) in the wrong direction I’ve always tried to do what I can for anyone On the forum if I had parts or info that they needed, to be clear the attacks were started by another member not the one (me) that said I seen it with my own eyes and that out break by the member was seen by many other members as well.

Attachments

2 mastiffs both members @BWG56 and @Stone with progressive shocks and yes I did see a K9 with them installed and failed to get a picture I now wish I would have. Being called a liar and misleading members is why I replied the way I did I’m not the type to not stand up for myself I’d never steer any member ( or anyone for that matter) in the wrong direction I’ve always tried to do what I can for anyone On the forum if I had parts or info that they needed, to be clear the attacks were started by another member not the one (me) that said I seen it with my own eyes and that out break by the member was seen by many other members as well.
Don't care about any of the BS dentdude36.
I only care about having a reliable, decent forum for BD owners to go to and get good information.
That can't be accomplished when there is misinformation being put out to BD owners.
Your pictures above are useless to anyone on this forum because there is no clarity as to which bikes those shocks are being shown on nor how it was accomplished. I have pictures of raw frames that clearly shows they won't fit. So unless the people installing these are willing to share how they are installed they shouldn't, or anyone else for that matter, be telling people that they will fit.
Now if they are trying to get them to send their bike to their shop to have it done because it requires special work I get that and have no issue with it as I know how frustrating it can be to have your ideas and work ripped off. But that should be explicitly explained so that folks don't just go out buying the shocks thinking they can bolt them right on to their Big Dog.

Milco

The Flying Dutchman
OK, its clear to me, as long as there are no pics of fitting without adjusting anything it's not possible.
I rest my case, thanks for all the replies, including other opinions, that's what makes this forum great as it is.:patriot::cheers::chopper:

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
and so it begins again. in response to Curtis's speaking of the "moderators" need to be more than babysitters, I, myself, have absolutely no experience with the progressive shocks, have no association with anybody that has mounted the progressive shocks, cannot say for certain they will or will not work or fit on any particular bike, so I do not try to lead any member or non-member in any direction whatsoever. and, as far as stopping the argument before it gets out of hand, this is not a 24/7 paid job that I am tied to. I am not and don't plan to be logged on here ready to swoop down on anyone that happens to post something that is just a tad off target. ain't gonna happen.