Pitbull 05

ElCapitano77

Hey guys, need some help with my Pitbull 05.
I just got it and I am not sure if this is normal or not, but want to ask anyway.
So, when putting first gear, the bike jumps (as if I am not holding the clutch) but I am still holding it, and shuts down (stall)
Doesn't do it on 2nd gear though, but I can't always start riding on 2nd gear.

Any advise?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, need some help with my Pitbull 05.
I just got it and I am not sure if this is normal or not, but want to ask anyway.
So, when putting first gear, the bike jumps (as if I am not holding the clutch) but I am still holding it, and shuts down (stall)
Doesn't do it on 2nd gear though, but I can't always start riding on 2nd gear.

Any advise?

Thank you

First Bike?

That's just a little clutch adjustment you need. I'd recommend searching the forum for the Service Manuals give you some good reading material!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

ElCapitano77

First Bike?

That's just a little clutch adjustment you need. I'd recommend searching the forum for the Service Manuals give you some good reading material!

Thank you, will try that.
And no, this is my third bike, but yeah I am a new rider, been riding only for 4 years.
after a 650cc chopper (some Korean brand) and a kawasaki before that.
Finally, I landed on the name big dog, and went for it. just a month ago I got 2 of them (05 pitbull & 06 ridgeback)

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
Nice bike, you jump right in with both feet I see...lol...get that clutch adjusted right and you will be rolling fine :chopper:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, will try that.
And no, this is my third bike, but yeah I am a new rider, been riding only for 4 years.
after a 650cc chopper (some Korean brand) and a kawasaki before that.
Finally, I landed on the name big dog, and went for it. just a month ago I got 2 of them (05 pitbull & 06 ridgeback)

Ah...well if you own a Big Dog, especially 2! your gonna wanna start reading and wrenching!
Good luck!

ElCapitano77

First Bike?

Adjusting clutch didn't resolve the issue, any other suggestions please?

ElCapitano77

May have to pull the primary cover and check the clutch hub nut. They sometimes work loose and you can never get finial adjustment on the clutch.
Do I have to pull the whole thing off? Or only the gasket?
Dont have extra oil so I dont want to open it all and seems that the gasket is jammed in somehow.
Also, is it one nut inside (as all other bikes) or am I looking for something different?

Dont have extra oil so I dont want to open it all and seems that the gasket is jammed in somehow.
Also, is it one nut inside (as all other bikes) or am I looking for something different?

Not sure what you mean with your question?
Do you have a service manual ?

You can remove the derby cover to inspect the clutch but you won’t have any room to do any work if required any may have to remove the outer primary to have room to work.

May also be a good time to change your primary fluid .

Get a service manual for your bike, there is a torque sequence when putting the primary back together.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what you mean with your question?
Do you have a service manual ?

You can remove the derby cover to inspect the clutch but you won’t have any room to do any work if required any may have to remove the outer primary to have room to work.

May also be a good time to change your primary fluid .

Get a service manual for your bike, there is a torque sequence when putting the primary back together.
Actually that cover doesn't remove gotta take the whole outer primary off on 05+. There is no way to even look in.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member

chapter 9 in the 2008 service manual which the link was posted in this thread details the process with pictures. If your already regretting this job you bought the wrong bike.

How did you adjust the clutch? I take it you only adjusted the nuts on the cable and didn't remove the small cover on the clutch actuator attached the trans, to actually adjust the clutch?

ElCapitano77

Thank you guys, I guess I am still dealing with my big dogs as unicorns and keep hesitating to dig any deeper.
I actually rode one of them only once to transport from one garage to another, still working on the paper work, which sucks in Europe.

And yea I just downloaded a service manual.

Thanks again.
Amazing group ;)

Minuteman

Supporting Member
Don't be afraid to work on the bike, there are plenty of Dog owners in Europe that can help you on where and how to get what you need, an there is also plenty of help across the pond as well. By the way a couple of nice looking bikes you have.

TapioK

If maybe God is the only one who knows when primary oil has last changed , the clutch plates may stuck together if bike has been standing for a while... if you now open the primary and look into clutch, taking the plates and wash them might not be a bad idea... where did you live again? There is a Big Dog shop in Goethenburg (Göteborg) Sweden.
http://bigdogsweden.se
Dragan there can most likely get you all the parts you will need.