Oil Cooler

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
FYI, Oil coolers aren’t needed in southeast Louisiana on my Ridgeback. I’ve verified this by confirming the oil operating temperature. I have to mention that I don’t hang around stop lights when I ride so Big Dog riders may experience different results than mine.

RaderJames

View attachment 63877

View attachment 63878

View attachment 63879

View attachment 63880

View attachment 63881

I´ve got one of these fittings too... it takes stress away from the oil line in there.

View attachment 63882

Those covers are someone elses... I don´t need them as it not gets that overly cold in Spain.

:chopper:
The 1st line on the oil tube that I have circled in orange in your picture. where does that attache to? Is that the inlet or outlet on this cooler? I just bought double set up and dont want to hook these up wrong. Thanks

Attachments

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
The 1st line on the oil tube that I have circled in orange in your picture. where does that attache to? Is that the inlet or outlet on this cooler? I just bought double set up and dont want to hook these up wrong. Thanks
I can’t answer that but someone will certainly be able to here. That bike is awesome! :oldthumbsup:

RaderJames

Inlet from the supply to oil filter bracket is the closest fitting to the case. Outlet is on the outside fitting closest to the brake pedal. In = inside , O = outside.
John

Awesome I had that backwards in my mind. figured the one closet to break pedal was the inlet. Glad I asked. Would you know does the oil go into these coolers before it goes to the filter or after the filter ? Tying to figure out were this line I circled in the picture goes. Appreciate the Info.

Attachments

Bolly

Thought someone would had told you with all the replies..
I don't remember..
It really doesn't matter what direction the oil flows into the Coolers....

RaderJames

Thought someone would had told you with all the replies..
I don't remember..
It really doesn't matter what direction the oil flows into the Coolers....
Ya you'd think right. It might not matter what direction but Im sure it matters if the oil flows before or after the filter. Thanks anyway

Bolly

It wouldn't matter which way it flows.
As long as the oil runs through the Twin Coolers and back into the motor it doesn't matter before or after the filter..
The oil still gets cooled..
My Dog is put away for the winter but if your stuck I'll uncover the Dog and ill take detailed pics of the Oil Cooler for you.. Cheers.. from South Australia

john sachs

If the feed line goes from the oil pump to the filter, and the return line goes to the oil tank, what would be your guess? I would hope that you would put the return line from the filter to the cooler/s, and from the cooler/s back to the tank.
John