Motorcycle Accident

Energy One

Ray

Ray,
Glad Jerry is home and you must be feeling better as well. You are thinking about the road again !!!You all are still on the prayer list as everything is getting back to normal again. Getting away from the hospital and sleeping in your own bed at home is something most of us take for granted till it is our turn to go through it.

Ray

Hey, folks ride safe as you can!!! :2thumbs:

( I am not talking to myself either )

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Thanks all, he is recovering fast but still on some heavy drugs and wants to answer all the emails and cards he recieved but wants to wait till he has a clear head! :D

He's up and walking around a bit more and I even took him out to town today for a burger. He got to take his first shower today in 12 days after we removed bandages. He was really happy about that.

Anyway, he will acknowlege all you that sent him comments/cards here real soon and those of you that posted here. Thank you all again for keeping him in your thoughts.

On a good note, my bike was finally evaluated by my insurance yesterday and they called me today to ask what account I wanted the money deposited in. :2thumbs:

aspen874

Ray, I'm glad to hear Jerry is home and moving around, give him my best wishes. Have you fiqured out what caused his front end to collapse?

Ray

Thanks all, he is recovering fast but still on some heavy drugs and wants to answer all the emails and cards he recieved but wants to wait till he has a clear head! :D

He's up and walking around a bit more and I even took him out to town today for a burger. He got to take his first shower today in 12 days after we removed bandages. He was really happy about that.

Anyway, he will acknowlege all you that sent him comments/cards here real soon and those of you that posted here. Thank you all again for keeping him in your thoughts.

On a good note, my bike was finally evaluated by my insurance yesterday and they called me today to ask what account I wanted the money deposited in. :2thumbs:

ok, glad everything it getting better all the way around. Tell Jerry to keep whatever heavy drugs he has left over, all they can do is get weaker. I had some really good stuff and my wife threw them all away when the date ran out!!!! :loony: I hide any drugs I might get after getting busted up, you can never tell when you might have a relapse!!!!

Ray :2thumbs:

Still in my prayers too!!

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
Positive thinking and thoughts go a long way. Good to hear things are getting better all around. What is the status on Jerrys scoot?

We all appreciate the updats Ray.:2thumbs:

Stinky7-11

Hey Ray

Get your Bro well and a Prayer to all is out!! Tell your bro i'm cooking up some spare ribs!! I know i got extra.. If i can help please let me know.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Quick update on my brother. He ran out of meds earlier in the week so we called the doctors office to see if we could get him some more as he was suffering and coundn't sleep at all from the pain. At the same time he was supposed to schedule a follow up appt to see the doctor anyway this week. He got scheduled to see the doctor yesterday. The nurse said she would call back after she talked to the doc about re-filling his medicine but she never did call back.
In the mean time he's been up and around more and since then his foot has swollen up real bad.
Friday comes and I take him down to the emergancy room yesterday and they take him into the same ER room he was in earlier and have him strip down and get ready for xray's. He gets them done then later the doctor finally comes to tell him his lungs are doing good and he's on the mend. He tells the doc that he's been in real pain and can't sleep so the doc re-fills his prescriptions. Then he tells him his foot is awfully swollen so the doc says we better xray it. You know whats coming right? :eek:
He had a broken ankle in addition to his other issues. But it's been three weeks already and the doc says it's already fusing together so not much can be done for it. Except to have him come in a couple weeks from now and it it looks good fine but if not they will have to re-break it and set it properly.
After the accident they consentrated on his trauma issues and fixed those up and he wasn't even complaining about his foot cause of his other damages so they have only took xrays down to his knees.
But good news is he's mending real good and now able to sleep with some more meds.
He still wants to answer all your posts but wants a clear head when he gets around to them so he won't forget about all of you.

His bike should be rebuilt here next week and I'll get it home for him. Took my bike out this afternoon for quite a while and enjoyed getting back on it again. Weather here was wonderful today.

Take care all

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
Rain off and on all day here.

Who is doing the work on the Sporty and let Jerry know we are all thinking positive thoughts about him and the family:cheers:

V

Guru
Thanks for the update! Yep still thinkin about him and good to hear that he is gettin better. Sorry for the ankle though. You got your bike back in ship shape? V