Looking for Low Boy sissy bar for 250 tire

Energy One

Magoo

Dog Locked
Looking for Low Boy sissy bar for 250 tire 06 through 11. I've seen them but were always home made, and that's ok.

Jwooky

Those seem to be impossible to find for some reason. I don’t know why they decided to stop making them.

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
Because the 250 tire was only around for the 2005 and 2006 models, 2004 was a 240 tire I believe and fender struts were different, 2007 went to a 300 back tire on everything. So by the time BDM got around to offering the lowboy it was already close to or during 2008 and since nobody was buying them up at close to $450 for bar, pad and plate and then the stock market crashed in 2008 also so big dog didn't order hardly anymore or make them unless you bought it first then they shipped to you after they had money in hand. I've been looking high and low for one since 2008, thinking of buying the backrest plate Donna has, sending it to Ginz and having them make the bar and pad and using Donna's backrest plate.

Magoo

Dog Locked
Well I have a 2007 chopper with a 250 rear tire on it that I bought brand new, so you may be off by a year on your figures there. But thanks for the info. I already spoke with Ginz about making one for me. May need to go that wrought.

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
Well I have a 2007 chopper with a 250 rear tire on it that I bought brand new, so you may be off by a year on your figures there. But thanks for the info. I already spoke with Ginz about making one for me. May need to go that wrought.
Well most everything in 2007 was a 300, i honestly didnt know they made the chopper in 2007, i thought it ended in 2006 and the k9 took its place in 2007. But good to know there was 1 model in 2007 with a 250. Last time i talked to ginz, it was hoing to be around 1,000 for bar and pad with me suppling the plate. I just have held off in hopes of finding one cheaper. I already bought 2 bars, mount plates, backrest they made me for the bagger (not lowboy ones) and all that was about 1,000 so trying to justify ordering a 3rd bar for the bagger and 1 for the Mastiff.

Ernie12

I have been holding off buying one from Ginz for my bagger hoping a low boy would come up for sale somewhere. I contacted Mustang seats about there kit for the bagger they made years ago but they said they no longer make it. Has anyone ever asked Donna and Derek to make a few?

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
I have been holding off buying one from Ginz for my bagger hoping a low boy would come up for sale somewhere. I contacted Mustang seats about there kit for the bagger they made years ago but they said they no longer make it. Has anyone ever asked Donna and Derek to make a few?
Yeah I contacted them also, I luckily found one at Ross Cycles before i actually knew who and what they are about. But he charged me 900 for the mustang seat without the driver backrest. And at this time I still had no sissy bar for it. I then had Ginz make me a set of side plates that mount where the factory ones do, and 2 sissy bars and a single backrest. Even tho the backrest wasn't what i was thinking when he said 8 inches long I thought he meant horizontal not vertical. The sissy bars are the same difference is one has luggage rack one doesn't. But here is a picture of what they made for $1,000 dollars.
20190503_165700[1].jpg
20190503_165652[1].jpg
20190503_165645[1].jpg
20190503_164947[1].jpg
Like I said only difference between the sissy bars is one has luggage rack. I just kinda wish I didn't go as tall as i did and the pad wasn't just a rectangle going vertical, but was wider and more of a bagger backrest. But I think it turned out great without seeing it till I got it. And key thing is it works. lol

I did talk to Donna about it and not sure if it was before they hooked up with the Danny Grey guy that is doing their seats, but to make a seat you have to have the mold and Mustang actually threw theirs away from what the guy told me there. Then I heard they sold it to someone and he is no longer in business. And Donna told me it would cost thousands to get a mold made and start making seats and at the very most they could sell was like maybe 100, and she said there wouldn't be enough bikes to justify spending what they would have to produce those seats and make a profit too. But now that they are with Danny Grey maybe he could make them I would gladly give Donna and Danny mine to see if he can make them, as long as mine is either returned or i get dibs on a custom one of a kinda seat. lol

Last edited:

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
If you do that I would be in for one also depending on total cost of course.
I'll contact ginz and see about what the cost of a bar and pad is, and if someone on the form has one that they could give the the overall height, height to first bend, height to second bend and overall width center hole to center hole for mounting I'd be glad to find out what i can, I can get specs of plate from Donna.

also need the diameter of the bar.

Last edited:

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
I'm looking for one more like this ( sorry I couldn't find a better photo) View attachment 74937
Me and Erine12 is having Ginz make us each one for our bike, well actually I'm having 2 made one for the Mastiff and one for the bagger. You might want to call them while they still have my backrest plate to design the pad. You'll have to buy a backrest pad from Donna or Eric at bigdogpartskingpin.com tho. And last I checked they only had like 2 left. But just wanted to give you an update on these. Mine will be shipping out from Ginz Choppers on 8-28-20. I'll post pictures once I have them.