Just changed clutch plates?

NCrider

So I just changed the plates and carrier as well as inner and outer hub. Bike on bench runs perfect switches gears better then ever! However on the ground in gear it doesn’t want to move at all. What did I miss?

So I just changed the plates and carrier as well as inner and outer hub. Bike on bench runs perfect switches gears better then ever! However on the ground in gear it doesn’t want to move at all. What did I miss?
Clutch adjusted correctly ?

NCrider

Yes I actually took it to an unauthorized HD service Dept that I’ve gone to since I was a kid. They can’t even figure it out.

FrankBDPS

I am no authority on clutches but what oil did you use? Same as you had been using or something new and improved?

Marky-Marc

Explain bench VS on the bike? When in the BIKE what is it doing? When OUT of the bike what is it doing?

NCrider

When the bike is on the bench with the wheel off the ground it changes gears perfectly the clutch engages and disengages with out a problem. On the ground the bike goes in gear fine, however when you let off the clutch it doesn’t disengage and has no forward movement.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
When the bike is on the bench with the wheel off the ground it changes gears perfectly the clutch engages and disengages with out a problem. On the ground the bike goes in gear fine, however when you let off the clutch it doesn’t disengage and has no forward movement.
With wheel off the ground and bike isn't running you can change gears without clutch and will be smooth. Same with it on the ground

I'm guessing on the lift bike isn't running off lift you got it running?

If that's the case something is wrong with your clutch install.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk