How far on a full tank...?

Energy One

SEAL-rider

It's a miracle. A revolutionary newly discovered math formula gives us a way to discuss range regardless of the bikes tank size. It's called miles per gallon or shortened to "mpg".

Mile per gallon calculation - Note gallons of fuel added to tank. Take reading from odometer trip meter. Divide trip meter reading by gallons added to tank. Example 125 miles / 3.4 gallons of gas = 36.76 mpg. Reset trip meter.

How many mpg does your Big Dog get?:)

I rarely see better than 30 mpg. Thanks Thunderjet.
117 Chopper, bored-out G Carb with Thunderjet, 585 cam, Big Radius Pipes, Twitchy Wrist.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
I average around 40mpg most of the time, about 42mpg solo, 40/39mpg 2 up.
I did go out last week with nice dense air and got over 50mpg fir the day
Next day went out and got 45mpg

Since we don't have gas guages I work on the premise that I'm going 40mpg or so and will start thinking about gas at 100miles
But usually we've already hit a reason to stop before then and if I have more than 20miles on I'll add gas. Got into that habit with first bike 3.3gallon tank while riding with HD's with bigger tanks -- got tired of being the guy that always need gas stops

Irish Viking

Till Valhalla!
Well, riding back from Texas, I averaged 145 miles before having to switch to reserve.

No issues...I just gassed up about every 120 miles when I stopped to stretch.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

SimpleMan_Omen

Well, riding back from Texas, I averaged 145 miles before having to switch to reserve.

No issues...I just gassed up about every 120 miles when I stopped to stretch.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk
I'm not sure of your tank size so what kind of MPG were you getting?

SimpleMan_Omen

If it's a 4 gallon tank it's about 30 mpg of you really wana know fill the tank set trip meter til reserve fill again and do the math it's really simple every bike will be different depending on what mods are done jetting etc can't really go off someone else's bike
I can figure my own. I just haven't gotten it on the road yet. Still waiting on some parts to come in.

Srodden

If it's a 4 gallon tank it's about 30 mpg of you really wana know fill the tank set trip meter til reserve fill again and do the math it's really simple every bike will be different depending on what mods are done jetting etc can't really go off someone else's bike
Ya a 585 cam is nice but I like the mileage I get with my stock 2011 Mastiff. I use it more than just as a bar hopper.