Head light upgrade

Gottaflirt

Leaving it all behind
Has anyone upgraded a stock head light to a head light with an LED lamp?
I have a 2007 Big Dog K9 with an EHC system. The stock head light has a 55/60 W H4 bulb. I want to install an after market head light assembly and replace its lamp and lamp holder with a brighter LED set up to see farther at night. Would like any input from any attempts made sucessful or not.
Thanks Bros!

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
Hey Dean, get yourself a Sunpie 5 3/4 led headlight on Amazon. Quite a few of us run that light and have had good luck with them, they are bright, look nice and don't cost a lot. I have the black one on my 07K9 and the chrome on my bagger. Follow that link that mjsk9 put up and you will find out everything you want to know.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Gottaflirt

Leaving it all behind
Thanks for the response. I'm shifting through the information.
The rest of the story:
As part of my customization I have my mind set on a custom headlight (see attached pics). I need to change the lamp sockets out alowing me get the added lighting and dependability of an LED. I understand increasing the wattage above 55W is fatal to the ignition system. Any ideas to help me get this installed would help.

Attachments

Nཛ͢ཀཇཧ༏ཧי

... .... .- .. -.
Supporting Member
Thanks for the response. I'm shifting through the information.
The rest of the story:
As part of my customization I have my mind set on a custom headlight (see attached pics). I need to change the lamp sockets out alowing me get the added lighting and dependability of an LED. I understand increasing the wattage above 55W is fatal to the ignition system. Any ideas to help me get this installed would help.
The wolf headlight will hold the LED bulb, like Shannon stated.
I have this light, and I can eat 2 things very confidently about it.
1. It looks really cool.
2. It’s light distribution absolutely blows.

If you primarily ride daylight hours, or in groups, it’s great. But riding solo in the dark makes you wish you went with the Daymaker.

mleach72

What is everyone's opinion on the daymaker on a big dog? I have them on my deluxe, which also includes the spotlights. With all 3 on, it is amazing! With just the main headlight on, it is ok, but not earth-shattering. In fact, I seldom use high beam, because I feel I can see better at low beam as the spotlights turn off when switching to high beam.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
What is everyone's opinion on the daymaker on a big dog? I have them on my deluxe, which also includes the spotlights. With all 3 on, it is amazing! With just the main headlight on, it is ok, but not earth-shattering. In fact, I seldom use high beam, because I feel I can see better at low beam as the spotlights turn off when switching to high beam.
Tilt it down a bit and run it on high beam all the time. Very seldom will anyone flash their lights at me.

Not sure what year model your Deluxe is but on my 2014 Ultra Limited I had the ECM flashed and my driving lights stay on when I turn on my high beam. It's a five minute job at the dealer. They didn't even charge me to do it.

mleach72

Not sure what year model your Deluxe is but on my 2014 Ultra Limited I had the ECM flashed and my driving lights stay on when I turn on my high beam. It's a five minute job at the dealer. They didn't even charge me to do it.
Yeah, I wondered about that. My deluxe is an '05. I think that may be a law that the spotlights have to turn off on high beam, not that it might be strictly enforced. It used to belong to a very good friend who was killed when he hit a deer. I bought it and restored it. Since it was totaled, I had to have an R title. I needed to have an enhanced inspection. At that inspection, the guy told me that one of the things he checks for is if the spotlights turn off on high beam. If it is an easy job to keep them on, I would be interested in doing that.

Gottaflirt

Leaving it all behind
Considering installing a Ultima 3.35" drag racing style exposed belt drive on my 2007 K9 has any one done this before and can relate their experence / problems.

under dog

Has anyone upgraded a stock head light to a head light with an LED lamp?
I have a 2007 Big Dog K9 with an EHC system. The stock head light has a 55/60 W H4 bulb. I want to install an after market head light assembly and replace its lamp and lamp holder with a brighter LED set up to see farther at night. Would like any input from any attempts made sucessful or not.
Thanks Bros!
I replace my 05 with led no mods plug and play

WU5C

Bad Dog
I found a great light housing from Adjure.com (searched the web and found them). No tools needed to mount the adjure. And no screw to screw with like the the little set screw on the original housing that will strip out the one or two threads in the housing when you tighten up the bezel. I've gone through two stock housings and tired of loosing the bezel on long rides. I had to modify the LED daylight maker to fit the original housing but on the Adjure my LED adjure fit without an issue. Will post photos when complete Just waiting for the type 56 connectors to come in and then reroute the wiring harness and crimp the new connectors plug them into the socket housing and then plug in the LED light button it up with Adjure's nylon rod and spring and job done.