EMERGENCY TIRE any advice?

Energy One

pattersonoilgas

Hey. Got about 800 miles on the wolf out of town and picked up a screw in my new tire. No one makes the tire anymore. I saw vee rubbers 200/40/20 but I can't find any in the USA. Has any one run a car tire or got one to fit the wolfs ? Going dark aide is fine. But I'd prefer not to ride back home on a plugged tire. If I can find anything that fits at all I might be able to even finish this trip.

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Hey ive plugged them also like Mr Wright has...runned them to the end...when u get a new tire try " ride on tire sealant"....ive used it and it works..it also balances ur tire also...u can get it on amazon or ebay either one...im telling u it works...check it out on youtube...

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
You could put a boot in it, patched from the inside. Lots of tire service shops won't do plugs for liability reasons but will do a boot.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
If you go with the plug route getting the kit with the gun would be beneficial,akes it easier to set the plug if you don't already have it. It runs about $40 but considering your situation you can't buy a tire so that will have to do for now.

Clean it up real good, add in a little rubber cement and it will last no problem.

After that you'll have to get with Derrick and Donna on their updated wolf rear wheel conversion. Your gonna need a new wheel obviously so you can buy a tire. It's in this thread they just changed it up for the better.

http://bigdogbiker.com/threads/2009...005-ridgeback-recall-wheel.84540/#post-896133

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Sven

Rope style tire plugs are the way to go. Fix on the road. No tire removal, no problem running at high speeds (wink-wink), no need to replace if it holds air after repair, you can play it out to the end of the tire's life.