Dyno Results...

nthery520

Hey guys,
Finally got my motor back in and on the dyno.
Hillside Build and Tune was done by Tim at Gateway Bigdog in St. Louis:

Stage III Hillside heads
JE 20* pistons ( 12.4 Compression )
Woods 9F cam
Woods Springs
Bored G w/Thunderjet
Thunderheart Ign
Extended K&N
Mean Mothers Exhaust
Bandit Clutch

Tim said the exhaust is definetly holding it back. He also thinks i should have went with a longer duration cam like the Woods 62 since compression is high. Its hard enough keeping my ass in the seat as it is......:cheers: The difference in lines on sheet is with removing the baffles.

Attachments

PROFLYER

SWOLE
Lifetime Supporting Member
Wow, huge difference with those baffels! Most of the new jap bikes have a servo in the exhaust which opens after 7000 RPMs for a graph that looks like the pink low end and blue top end.

9secondsflat

You need a 2-1 exhaust for maximum gains. will the tranny be able to hold that much power?
Also if you don't mind me asking what was the total cost for the work?

Last edited:

nthery520

Thanks guys, yes the guys at Gateway are very knowledgeable and good at what they do. They put my motor in, installed the bandit, and dyno. Bike was only there for 5 days. Im taking it easy on the tranny until i can have it bulletproofed as ive heard its not made for the abuse. Im still lookn for a 2 into 1 exhaust that i like and it has the 330 rear tire so that doesnt help any with having options.

9secondsflat

Gateway has a vid on youtube showing a dyno pull of a stage 3 dog...the 2-1 is very unique..it looks like a equal length header from the design..they got massive power from this bike.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL3fBo1tcbE]Big Dog Motorcycles - Mastiff 117 Stage III - Dyno Pull - YouTube[/ame]

midwest

rhino17, I've been going to Gateway since 2003 - no complaints and I would recommend them without reservation.

pknowles

semi-retired...---... GURU C7Z06...---...
Lifetime Supporting Member
Thanks guys, yes the guys at Gateway are very knowledgeable and good at what they do. They put my motor in, installed the bandit, and dyno. Bike was only there for 5 days. Im taking it easy on the tranny until i can have it bulletproofed as ive heard its not made for the abuse. Im still lookn for a 2 into 1 exhaust that i like and it has the 330 rear tire so that doesnt help any with having options.
GREAT way to break in a new built motor :D

Unbalanced

You sure its 12.4 to 1 compression that is more of a race motor than a street motor. I would be concerned that he power doesnt come in till after 3300 rpms and if it truly is 12.4 to 1 thats going to be a tough bike to ride in the flat lands with regular gas.

DragonStang

I live about a mile from Gateway Big Dog, they're very friendly and knowledgeable. I think the sales guy told me their stage 3 kit is like 6k ish out the door. I thought that wasn't too bad seeing as exhaust alone is usually near 1k. But I'm also new to BDM so wtf do I know? :whoop:

Viking

Biker
Hey guys,
Finally got my motor back in and on the dyno.
Hillside Build and Tune was done by Tim at Gateway Bigdog in St. Louis:

Stage III Hillside heads
JE 20* pistons ( 12.4 Compression )
Woods 9F cam
Woods Springs
Bored G w/Thunderjet
Thunderheart Ign
Extended K&N
Mean Mothers Exhaust
Bandit Clutch

Tim said the exhaust is definetly holding it back. He also thinks i should have went with a longer duration cam like the Woods 62 since compression is high. Its hard enough keeping my ass in the seat as it is......:cheers: The difference in lines on sheet is with removing the baffles.

Looks awesome brother, good work ! :2thumbs: