Clutch is done - Bandit Bruiser recommended ?

Brent Herridge

I got the bike back Friday evening. Rode about 80 miles yesterday and about 50 today. 2nd gear is solid, but under WOT 3rd still misses.

Carb still not right either.

Very frustrating........

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
I got the bike back Friday evening. Rode about 80 miles yesterday and about 50 today. 2nd gear is solid, but under WOT 3rd still misses.

Carb still not right either.

Very frustrating........
What do you mean misses? Still pops out or skips over it?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Jwooky

Mine has started to pop of gear in 3rd as well. I had it rebuilt by Baker a couple years ago too. I called them and they said the "dogs" on the side of the gears get rounded off and wont hold power more. Very frustrated. Dont know why they didnt replace them when they had it.

Its a full tear down to change the gears. Im in no hurry to do so, so Im going nurse along for the time being until I get in the patients to do it again.

Brent Herridge

You definitely need patience......

I am shifting from 2nd to 3rd, but instead of 3rd, it's basically neutral. Click it again and it's in 3rd gear. Before the repair, it was doing this, but also popping out of gear after successfully shifting into 3rd. Then I started same thing in 2nd, so I decided to fix it.

2nd seems rock steady, but that elusive 3rd gear....

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
You definitely need patience......

I am shifting from 2nd to 3rd, but instead of 3rd, it's basically neutral. Click it again and it's in 3rd gear. Before the repair, it was doing this, but also popping out of gear after successfully shifting into 3rd. Then I started same thing in 2nd, so I decided to fix it.

2nd seems rock steady, but that elusive 3rd gear....
Reminds me of that old transmission repair ad from back in the day

First gear --- pause -- Here -- A little sluggish there first gear
Second gear -- here
Third gear, Third gear, THIRD GEAR -- third gear cut out man!