clunk from primary or drive train like a tooth jumping?

Nomad2day

Longhair Redneck Geek
Thought I would give a update on the 2 pieces of metal.
Cleaned out the primary inner case and seen where the chain has popped the top of the case and knocked out two chunks. You can also see where the face of the bolt head has worn also. This would explain the 2 pieces in the case. They seemed magnetic due to being on the magnet on the drain for a time.
I can see where those with a lift would of seen this sooner due to the bike being at eye level unlike me having to lay on the floor to see in the case or bending over anyway.
Neil

Que

The right drive side pivot bolt should be around 5" long. Mine broke and caused my bike's belt to ratchet and tire did sit to the right and rub. Tried to order new parts and dealer told me they changed them to different parts. Maybe due to breakage.

Que

For those of you who want to give a try at replacing your transmission's mainshaft bearing. I just finished replacing mine. Still have to finish assembling everything else before I know how it turned out. First of all, you can exchange the 3205J double groove bearing with a 5205. These two bearings are the same 25mm bore 52mm OD 20.6mm width. The problem I found was to install the bearing until it seats. You must first install both sets of gears at the same time and the bearings can't go on the shafts first. They must be installed after the shafts are in the housing due to the design of the case. I tried to tap them on by using a 1" pipe that aligns with the inner race. That only got me so far because the counter shafts were moving back inside the case and the gears were making contact on the sides with the mainshafts gears and it didn't look good. I finally removed the transmission from the bike and used a press.