Bypassing your EHC

Energy One

cdogg556

Guru
His way is not wrong, there's nothing wrong with doing it the way he did. Personally I just wouldn't like flipping toggle and key every time. But I will say it's a decent anti-theft deterrent have to find that toggle first!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
It's about as hard flipping the switch when it's mounted under the key like I have it as pushing the "Run" button before you start the bike, not a big deal at all. I know it was more work but what the hell why not, I am tired of hoping the ehc don't fail, at least I know I can get home, been stuck twice now! don't like it at all!

francoblay1

The Spaniard
It's about as hard flipping the switch when it's mounted under the key like I have it as pushing the "Run" button before you start the bike, not a big deal at all. I know it was more work but what the hell why not, I am tired of hoping the ehc don't fail, at least I know I can get home, been stuck twice now! don't like it at all!
When are you flying over to do mine?

francoblay1

The Spaniard
When are you gonna be home long enough for me to visit? And what about "Big White Wanker?" is he invited also? Don't want any hard feelings or anything! Lol!
:oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh: of course he's invited.... you two can share a room too if you like! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just let me know 2-3 months in advance and I can make sure I get 3-4 weeks off work.

francoblay1

The Spaniard
OMG, look at the pics he's posting:oldeek: and you think I would share a room with him, I would have to sleep with both eyes open:oldwtf::panic::panic::panic::willynilly:
Oh yea, me and BWW sharing a room! Haha! That's some funny shit there Franco!
:oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh: Don't worry, plenty rooms in my place LOL, you guys can bring the wife & kids too... it is quite a big house.

But less talk and more action.... weather is very nice now till December and all the tourists are gone... its how I like it. January, February & March it can be pretty cold 10-15 Celsius. (50-60 Fahrenheit)

:oldthumbsup:

cdogg556

Guru
:oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh: Don't worry, plenty rooms in my place LOL, you guys can bring the wife & kids too... it is quite a big house.

But less talk and more action.... weather is very nice now till December and all the tourists are gone... its how I like it. January, February & March it can be pretty cold 10-15 Celsius. (50-60 Fahrenheit)

:oldthumbsup:
I will keep that in mind brother! Thanks for the hospitality! Same goes for you Franco!

francoblay1

The Spaniard
How are you guys going to get your bikes in your carry-on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I
50 -60 burr, I might have to put a long sleeve shirt on:chopper::oldlaugh:

First of all Greg we only have to worry about one bike cause John's is always on the stand, and second, John can ride bitch on the back of mine cause it runs, but I'm getting a separate room when we sleep.:oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh:
:oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh: :old2:

cdogg556

Guru
Well I got my EHC back, installed it and I still have no running lights, no speedo, no turn signals, won't start using the start button, I do have a headlight and brake lights!
, Anyway I did install the slam button and since I bypassed my EHC, when I turned on the power to the ignition and pushed the slam button it fired right up! So that was cool knowing that even without a functioning EHC the bike ran! So, since there is still a problem somewhere in the electrical, (probably a short in the harnesses somewhere) I have decided to install the DOC controller in my bike, I have read on the differences between the RIP system and the DOC system and decided to go with the DOC, I will keep you posted on the install!

cdogg556

Guru
Thanks Ron, I am still gonna install DOC's ESC in my bike, should have it by the end of next week, there is a lot of other work to do while I wait for it to make the electrical system bulletproof! Will keep ya all posted!

cdogg556

Guru
Thanks Ron, you are right, there are many great people here that work together to keep these bikes on the road! We all share a common love for these bikes! If it wasn't for some of the people here on this site I would not know what to do at all, being a member of BDB has helped me, as my buddy Ker would say, keep my bike "off the stand" and on the road!