Breather bolts

Energy One

Conaway93

I have an 04 big dog chopper. S&s 107. With the cone style breather. Removed the intake to clean the carb etc and Ofcourse the breather bolt holding the intake bracket to the head broke off into head during removal. I got the bolt out no problems what so ever with an ezout BUT Ofcourse now I can not find these bolts anywhere. Literally about to just shell out $600 for new damn intake instead. In hopes that it will include bolts that fit. The bolt is 1/4 20 1 3/4 inch long bolt. I’ve looked long and hard and haven’t found a damn thing other then 1/2 and 3/8 and 1 5/16. I’ve emailed s&s. I’ve even texted the Donna that everyone praises. At this point a bolt is holding me back from riding the bike.

Attachments

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
Try Curtis at Wildsteedworx.com or get in touch with Erik for HDM (same place as Donna, Erik tho is a little more hands on with the bikes) his number is 620-680-0395.

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
Is that the Big dog spiked air cleaner? If so and its the same one you can get from donna then I know they should have the bolts in stock with the mounting hardware for the Big dog Spiked Air Cleaners. Heck honestly I may have 2 laying around that goes to my Big Dog velocity stack that actually comes with the same mounting bracket as the Spiked Air Cleaner.20200506_130114.jpg
252657.jpeg

Last edited:

Little-Boo

Troop Supporter
I have an 04 big dog chopper. S&s 107. With the cone style breather. Removed the intake to clean the carb etc and Ofcourse the breather bolt holding the intake bracket to the head broke off into head during removal. I got the bolt out no problems what so ever with an ezout BUT Ofcourse now I can not find these bolts anywhere. Literally about to just shell out $600 for new damn intake instead. In hopes that it will include bolts that fit. The bolt is 1/4 20 1 3/4 inch long bolt. I’ve looked long and hard and haven’t found a damn thing other then 1/2 and 3/8 and 1 5/16. I’ve emailed s&s. I’ve even texted the Donna that everyone praises. At this point a bolt is holding me back from riding the bike.

I have two bolts that are 1/4 x 20 x 1 3/4, new if you want them they are yours just text me your address at 956-379-0499

Carlos :whoop:

Conaway93

Is that the Big dog spiked air cleaner? If so and its the same one you can get from donna then I know they should have the bolts in stock with the mounting hardware for the Big dog Spiked Air Cleaners. Heck honestly I may have 2 laying around that goes to my Big Dog velocity stack that actually comes with the same mounting bracket as the Spiked Air Cleaner.View attachment 77124
View attachment 77126
How do you like the velocity stack? Have to reject after? I’m gonna try contacting them today about the breather bolts. Thanks

Conaway93

Is that the Big dog spiked air cleaner? If so and its the same one you can get from donna then I know they should have the bolts in stock with the mounting hardware for the Big dog Spiked Air Cleaners. Heck honestly I may have 2 laying around that goes to my Big Dog velocity stack that actually comes with the same mounting bracket as the Spiked Air Cleaner.View attachment 77124
View attachment 77126
And yes, big dog spiked air cleaner

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
How do you like the velocity stack? Have to reject after? I’m gonna try contacting them today about the breather bolts. Thanks
I love the look of it but cant run it. It gets in the way of reaching my rear brake pedal, but i found the 90 degree one that donna and erik offered years ago and will be ordering one today actually and it will take the pkace of the spike on the mastiff, i ended up finding an RSD air cleaner for the bagger. Thats why im sure i have extra bolts somewhere in my garage.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
The 107 bolts are different than the 117. 107 breaths through those bolts were as the 117 it just holds on the air cleaner.

1/4" bolt didn't seem right, that would be a really weak bolt with a hole in it. Anyways I just measured them on my 107 they are 5/16"-18

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Conaway93

The 107 bolts are different than the 117. 107 breaths through those bolts were as the 117 it just holds on the air cleaner.

1/4" bolt didn't seem right, that would be a really weak bolt with a hole in it. Anyways I just measured them on my 107 they are 5/16"-18

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Yeah after more research last night that’s what I came to, big dogs website wasn’t much help, now I need to see where I can find a 5/16”-18 bolt lol

Conaway93

Best bet is starting to look like getting another cleaner with bracket and bolts and removing the inserts that held these bolts in. What a pain in the ass but I’m really just looking to move forward from this problem so I can start fixing the other broken sh@t

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Don't take those inserts out, their suppose to be in there. I have to go by the bolt store this morning, send me a picture of the head on your bolt. Give me a call and I'll get it drilled out today