Best Bigdog Mechanics in each state

mzinna

Zman
I have never had an issue or complaint with the mechanics at Gateway Big Dog in St. Louis...Nor have I heard a complaint about them either. They always have done right by me...:up:

BADOG

Been through every shop in Vegas for seven years.
One was the original BDM dealer I bought my '05 from that fucked it up so bad BD had to give me my current '07 in exchange or I threatened to sue.
Though not a Big Dog dealer, only one who has touched my bike over the last two years is Las Vegas Dyno, located at The Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Did the WP install flawlessly and has the bike running as good as ever including no pop on decel. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
It is obvious there are no great wrenches on the west coast so I will humbly take the honers for Washington State. (the one on the Pacific Ocean ) not really but I try
One of the best V-Twin mechanics and one of the best Big Dog Techs (LEVEL 3) anywhere is Thomas Coleman just north of you in Burlington. Works at Lifestyles and only on Big Dogs and American made V-Twins. Does not work of foreign shit :2thumbs:

Last edited:

D L

Good idea, Name, City and Phone number is nice. :2thumbs:

"Rock" at Cycle City

Kingsport, TN

423-245-2245

bigdogtech01

One of the best V-Twin mechanics and one of the best Big Dog Techs anywhere is Thomas Coleman just north of you in Burlington. Works part time at Lifestyles as needed on Big Dogs, mostly works on his own from home.:2thumbs:
Is he related to Sheldon?

kgamsg

For the major BDM specific stuff, I go to R&B Cycles in Nashville, TN. Red has always done me right. The smaller stuff I'm either too lazy or too busy to work on, I go to American Motorcycles here in Huntsville, AL; Larry did my Wires Plus and ignition install last year and I haven't had any issues.

R&B Cycles
1000 6th Avenue South Nashville, TN 37203
(615) 859-8807

American Motorcycles
100 9th Street Northwest Huntsville, AL 35805
(256) 468-3239

Last edited:

ro360s

ro360s -
I bought my K9 from Jamie Strasser in 2009 and had his mechanic Dan Abels work on my bike until last year when I started doing my own basic maintenance.

It'll be due for 10K service next Spring and I'd like to go back to Jamie's except I hear Dan's no longer with them...:confused::eek:

Are you familiar with Jamie's mechanics working there now and do you vouch for their knowledge/expertise/care with Big Dogs?

Thanks!
Jamie's installed my wire plus, and did my 2500K Service. Kevin (Service Manager) hooked me up. Real nice guy, its great to have them so close by. Up in Greenbay Vandervest was my other option but they stopped working on Big Dogs, recently. My brother in law took his K9 for the wire plus install as well. Great work these guys do. Will bring in my Pit for the 5K service. Not familiar with the mechanics by name. Your down in Chicago, have you tried Hollywood Cycles Brookfield, Il....I hear they work on Big Dogs as well.

RO

Rich9426

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. But let's make this serious and get some names and numbers , as well as addresses up. And if you think you are the best in a certain state put up your stuff. If you guys live in big states put up multiple locations by county. If this goes well I will volunter some time to compile the list and ask the admins for a sticky.

C00lHandLuke

I can't say much about the Gulf Coast cause I don't know but in central Mississippi I put my trust in Oasis Cycles (601) 824-4893, ask for Mark.

Bubba_BigDog

Redneck
One of the best V-Twin mechanics and one of the best Big Dog Techs anywhere is Thomas Coleman just north of you in Burlington. Works part time at Lifestyles as needed on Big Dogs, mostly works on his own from home.:2thumbs:
He must be in an on-again status with them... last couple times I was through there, he wasn't working with them anymore. Shame... really would have rather him work on my bike than Brian there.

If Thomas is there... take it to them. If he's not, then track him down. I'm not up there anymore, but I wouldn't give my business to Lifestyles again.

Rich9426

Let's have anything or anyone that you trust to work on your Dog. If they fix it I will take it. I am not getting many names with addresses and numbers. If you are keeping them to yourself, fork them over. We all need a good mechanic/ technician

Rich9426

Whats up guys , no responses. I hope there are more people out there working on these bikes than this. 525 people read the thread, so that should be 525 mechanics. LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!