BD OEM Works Shock rebuild Service

WSW has worked out the details and have stocked ourselves with the appropriate tools, seals etc to rebuild the BD OEM Works shocks. The Service is available through the WSW web site, wildsteedworx.com. We are still working with Fournales in the meantime so that we can start carrying their high end air ride shocks but it is in their court at the moment so we have no way of knowing when that will occur. In the meantime for those of you that have BD OEM shock issues such as leaking, sagging, too hard, too soft etc we should be able to get you dialed in as we have worked out the methods for increasing/decreasing damping and increasing/decreasing preload with out changing the length of the shock during the rebuild. Those selections are available on the service items page when your adding the service to your cart. You are responsible for shipping to WSW. Return shipping is included in the rebuild price. This service is for rebuilding only. We currently do not have major replacement parts such as shafts, cases etc so if your shock/s have been destroyed beyond belief then we will likely not be able to help you.

At some point in the near future we will put together a how to and begin offering a rebuild kit for those that insist on doing their own bike work but for the moment we are only offering the rebuild service.

We are also working on the Chrome narrow body shocks we carry. They are a knock off of the Works shocks but are still slightly different in terms of seal sizes etc. However, we will be offering the ability to change the damping and preload in them also to make them firmer for the heavier guys.

As a side note to this thread we have become a dealer for Fournales now but we will not be offering the Fournales Pan Shocks until we have received a set and completed the test fitment phase. These are not shocks for the faint of heart when it comes to your pocket book though. But then nothing truly high end is ever low cost. We expect to be offering them at around $799 a set not including the high pressure hand pump that is used for adjusting the damping and preload. The hand pump will be in the $79 to $89 range. All of the pricing is questionable at the moment though until we know exactly what the tariffs are going to do to the pricing.

We're closing in on the end of the year though folks. WSW will be closed from 12-21-2018 to 12-27-2018 so please no last minute or emergency requests as we will not be able to fulfill them.

Thank You all for your support

Last edited:

FrankBDPS

Good to know Curtis. Not that I ride my bike to ever wear my shocks out. Did Worx go out of business? Also when they rebuilt my shocks they were able to polish the aluminum parts. Will you be able to do that?

As a side note to this thread we have become a dealer for Fournales now but we will not be offering the Fournales Pan Shocks until we have received a set and completed the test fitment phase, approximately four weeks. These are not shocks for the faint of heart when it comes to your pocket book though. But then nothing truly high end is ever low cost. We expect to be offering them at around $799 a set not including the high pressure hand pump that is used for adjusting the damping and preload. The hand pump will be in the $79 to $89 range. All of the pricing is questionable at the moment though until we know exactly what the tariffs are going to do to the pricing. If your interested contact us at wsworx@gmail.com. If enough forum members are interested I will look at a group buy situation.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
As a side note to this thread we have become a dealer for Fournales now but we will not be offering the Fournales Pan Shocks until we have received a set and completed the test fitment phase, approximately four weeks. These are not shocks for the faint of heart when it comes to your pocket book though. But then nothing truly high end is ever low cost. We expect to be offering them at around $799 a set not including the high pressure hand pump that is used for adjusting the damping and preload. The hand pump will be in the $79 to $89 range. All of the pricing is questionable at the moment though until we know exactly what the tariffs are going to do to the pricing. If your interested contact us at wsworx@gmail.com. If enough forum members are interested I will look at a group buy situation.

that's great -- last time I had spoken to them they were looking at $2K for a set -- $800 is step but if it helps the ones of us that are living large, it could be worth it.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
Unfortunately I don’t have a bike lift only a bike jack and I’m not sure what you mean by pit.
Pit is a hole in the ground.lots of older shops used to have them for working on cars. I aside from caving in on you. Home pits are probably the most dangerous as they usually aren't well engineered. they seemed to fill the bill back in the 70's. I'm sure there are still some in service but I would be hesitant to jump in one without a through inspection.

Last edited:

PacoPetty

Sounds like a heck of a lot of money for something that requires a manual pump! Would the rider need to get off and lay on the ground to adjust preload and or ride height (rather embarrassing on a custom chopper)with these shocks? I looked them up and am not sure which ones you talking about, the ones with the valves near the mounts look like they would be a very tight fit I’d be curious how easily the pump would attach with the limited space available.
View attachment 61699 View attachment 61700
That’s a good question.

RBennet

I started a thread about the SAS shock but it didn't get any responses. Do these shocks require a compressor and switches? or hand pump only. I'm a little confused at this point.

This is not an "Air Ride" system.
These are high end shocks that use air to set the preload and damping.
You don't carry a pump around with you, although I suppose you could if you wanted to.
The air adjustment basically gives you infinite adjustment of the handling characteristics of the shock.
This is why we are not starting to sell them openly right away.
We have one customer that will be doing their own install and setup and we will be doing an install and setup in house.
We do not expect there to be any "mods" that will need to be done by the installer.
There is another forum member that has already done the install on their Coyote, I'm sorry but I do not remember their name or I would give them a mention here, and they indicated that they were a little concerned about how close the shock body came to the transmission brace, that is the brace on the left side of the frame on many of the BDs that prevents the 422s from being "bolted" in, so they filed a little off the shock body off or something along those lines.
Once we have finalized the installation we are going to do several air adjustments to give a good starting point for different weight riders.
Once installed on an individuals ride if they desire to have one adjustment for when they ride alone and another for when they ride two up it will be something that is relatively easy to accomplish by simply adjusting the air pressure at the shocks. I have had the chance to talk to several folks that have them on their Harley Davidson's, the bike these shocks were originally designed and built for, and they indicated that once they found their sweet spot for air pressure the shocks worked equally well, without changing the air pressure, with a passenger as without. We will also be looking at the possibility of making these part of an "Air Ride" System but until we have them in hand there is nothing else to be said.

TonyBagADonuts as I stated before they are not for the faint of heart when it comes to your pocket book.
I also added photos at the beginning here.
These are not the tell all end all for shocks on the BDs either. There are a couple of other options out there.
Considering an actual air ride system runs $1200 and up these are not that a bad a deal.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
If you know of someone who has PCP rifles, you could borrow the hand-pump or the compressor....
You could also get the compressor set up from the original progressive air shocks and mount it (don't know where) High pressure, low volume pump, or make a mounting plate as Progressive did if you didn't get the compressor to bring the air lines to an accessable position so you wouldn't have to crawl under the bike to adjust.

But let's wait til Curtis gets back to us about whether the shocks work before we jump the gun!

You could also get the compressor set up from the original progressive air shocks and mount it (don't know where) High pressure, low volume pump, or make a mounting plate as Progressive did if you didn't get the compressor to bring the air lines to an accessable position so you wouldn't have to crawl under the bike to adjust.

But let's wait til Curtis gets back to us about whether the shocks work before we jump the gun!
I am running the design idea through my head but it is allot more involved than the original BD air ride due to there being four valves verses one etc. The original BD pump can be used but I don't know about the relief valve yet. Plus you will have two operations, preload and damping, to contend with verses just one. Allot going on for this setup to be made a true air ride system. Would definitely be awesome, for those liking air ride, if the details can get worked out.

Milco

The Flying Dutchman
I am running the design idea through my head but it is allot more involved than the original BD air ride due to there being four valves verses one etc. The original BD pump can be used but I don't know about the relief valve yet. Plus you will have two operations, preload and damping, to contend with verses just one. Allot going on for this setup to be made a true air ride system. Would definitely be awesome, for those liking air ride, if the details can get worked out.
Can't wait for it!:whoop::patriot:

Milco

The Flying Dutchman

Hi Curtis, do you have receive a set yet? Is a longer hose possible so you don't have to lay under your bike?

Hi Curtis, do you have receive a set yet? Is a longer hose possible so you don't have to lay under your bike?
Unfortunately no, I don't know if it's because it's the end of the year or if their just that type of company. I'm hoping to have them within the next 2-3 weeks.
The first thing we're going to look at when we get them is a remote fill setup kit so I'll keep everyone up to date on that as we progress.