Battery

Energy One

IceMan55

My BigDog
Will need a new battery for my 08 k9 soon. Will any 12v bike battery work that fits in the box. Maybe an easy to get harley battery? Want a battery. that will not damage my electrical system.

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
I know on my Mastiff and Bulldog bagger they use the same battery, not sure about your k9 tho. But I wouldn't trust just any old bike battery. I've heard and read horror stories on this forum site from ppl using cheap batteries and also from using expensive ones supposedly rated at 550 cca. Ican tell you that I have used drag specialties batteries and usually get about a year to 2 years out of them on the Mastiff but I'm not one to use a trickle charger everytime the bike is parked either, but the bagger bulldog i do use the trickle charger everytime its parked because if not within a week the battery is so weak it wont start the bike. the difference between the 2 ones carb and the other fuel injected with a radio that has the memory wire connected. But mine use a group 20 series battery and the last one i bought was a Duracell 310 cca for both bikes from batteries plus for I think about 125 bucks and it seems to be doing a great job so far.

bdmridgeback

Low Down Chop Shop
I've had DEKA, Big Boar, Interstate....

The best AGM battery made Right now are the Duracell bike batteries. Made in USA by one of the best battery builders. I'm on almost 4 years and it cranks like new. Best damn battery Ive ever had. I thought the Big Boar batteries were the longest lasting but this beats it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

john sachs

A problem a lot of owners don't realize is, if you need to crank the engine for above average time, the heat generated will make the connected wire(terminal) loose. A loose terminal will melt the lead post. Another reason to use a battery with solid lead posts.
John

Jwooky

Thanks for the info!
Batteries Plus, here in El Paso has the (Duracell Ultra 20HL-BS 12V 310CCA AGM) in stock.
Should be a correct battery.
My point was it’s also a Deka (made by Penn manufacturing)

Duracell, batteries plus, Harley etc do not produce batteries.

They are just rebranding them with a sticker and marking them up.

Same exact battery.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
My point was it’s also a Deka (made by Penn manufacturing)

Duracell, batteries plus, Harley etc do not produce batteries.

They are just rebranding them with a sticker and marking them up.

Same exact battery.
And you get a 2yr warranty thru Batteries Plus and they are everywhere should you need a replacement on the road.

EZ Dog

Duracell batteries are now made in China. No longer are manufactured by Penn. I was told due to the raising of American made product.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
How about high end more expensive batteries with high cca.
Has anyone had experience with them?
Like the over $200 by now Braille 2015? Great batteries but pricey. I got 2-3 yrs out of each but had to keep on a tender always.

IceMan55

My BigDog
Scanning through the Amazon Prime for batteries. What about the (X-Rated) throttle
MX20L - MOTORCYCLE BATTERY - 500+ CCA

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
Scanning through the Amazon Prime for batteries. What about the (X-Rated) throttle
MX20L - MOTORCYCLE BATTERY - 500+ CCA
I call BS.
There are only a few real manufacturers of batteries in the world. Non of them advertise a 500+CCA AGM Battery in that size. Therefore you must ask yourself, where is this coming from.
It's coming from a marketing dept that doesn't understand proper CCA testing and even likely the difference between CA and CCA.
Also for example when you have a battery load tested at a shop and are given the CCA, know that his is a ESTIMATE sionce I don't know of any ship I have ever u that is setup to properly conduct a CCA test. To do CCA test the battery is to be taken after the battery is at 0 degrees for 24hrs. Even a CA test the battery is suppose to be at 32F for 24hrs. Load testers estimate based on a math curve what it should be but there are many factors that can not be accounted for that way and I have seen more than my fair share of batteries that test ok for CCA but fail in real world.

Caveat emptor

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
I think we been down this rabbit hole before Mike. The "X-rated" didnt seem to make the cut if I member right?