Avon 300 New Cobra Chrome - $259

Energy One

Ernie12

There is a $60 rebate if you buy both front and rear by the 30th I believe. Most places around here wont mount a tire you buy yourself.

Brent Herridge

I replaced my front tire a few months ago when I bought the bike, so only $20 rebate for me.

I also asked my mechanic if he could get a better price, and he couldn't, so he said go for this one.

Do you really think rear wheel bearings need replacing after only 10,000 miles ? I have an indicated 8K, but the original speedo only works occasionally. It still can't have over 15K on it. I haven't priced bearings, but if they're not expensive I guess it couldn't hurt.

My belt rubs the tire slight as well, so I'm hoping this is an opportunity to get that sorted too.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
I replaced my front tire a few months ago when I bought the bike, so only $20 rebate for me.

I also asked my mechanic if he could get a better price, and he couldn't, so he said go for this one.

Do you really think rear wheel bearings need replacing after only 10,000 miles ? I have an indicated 8K, but the original speedo only works occasionally. It still can't have over 15K on it. I haven't priced bearings, but if they're not expensive I guess it couldn't hurt.

My belt rubs the tire slight as well, so I'm hoping this is an opportunity to get that sorted too.
Yes, replace the bearings. I do it with all the tire changes that go through my shop. Not uncommon to find bad bearings after 4000 miles

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Good to see the prices came down on these Avon's since they discontinued the cobras. I was a bit worried they were gonna gonna push it cause options are fairly limited

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Ray

I needed a Front tire ,, noticed it was getting a little worn out looking when I took a real close look at it,, I waited 2 weeks for a Cobra, they told me it was back ordered until next month so I got a Michelin tire ,, it looks great too. Not going to ride at all until front tire is replaced. I got too many scars, broken bones, plates and screws in me already to take a chance on a worn tire causing me to bust my hiney ever again.

fomanh

Thanks for posting. Ordered a set to replace the originals on my 2007. (I’ve only had it for a year and it had 1,500 miles when I got it)

Brent Herridge

Wow - 1500 miles in 10 years. It is amazing that people buy these toys and then never use them.

Follow-up - bearings were definitely a great recommendation. Old ones had only around 10-15K, but needed replacing.

Thanks guys !!

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
Seemed like a good deal.

https://www.americanmototire.com/st...a-chrome-300-35vr-18-87v-rear-4120216-mc.html

No tax and free shipping. I just ordered mine and as soon as I hit Confirm they called me. I was afraid they were out of stock, but they were just confirming a new customer. Said they had them in stock in their Texas warehouse and that I might even get it tomorrow.

He said there's even a $20 rebate from Avon.
thanks -- Ordered a set on Sun and they arrived last night.
Should have put them on today but was really feeling under the weather and came home from an errand and lay down and that was that!

LUPHOLE

I got the cobra chromes for front and back this winter and have only had a chance to put a couple hundred miles on them. so far I am very happy---even though I paid a little more.
I found replacing the bearings a bit of a pain in the ass because they have to be pressed in and out very carefully. those with a little more talent will probably not be as challenged.

Ernie12

Looks like it is continuing through August 2019

https://www.avontyrerewards.com/#/content/rebateforms

I tired to submit my info for my rebate but it will not take it. I know the first rebate said by April 30th but you can print out the other one that says it starts May1st 2019. If I put the date in that is after the 30th if will not take it. So I emailed the idiots twice and sent them the link to the page and they both said "

I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while trying to submit online. I'm sorry to inform your purchase does not qualify for any rebate, the most recent promotion ended April 30, 2019. Please visit our website so that you are able to see the promotion dates we have available.

What a bunch of Idiots :oldbang::oldbang: They need to read their own website. So I printed it out and will mail it to see what happens.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
I just got the Cobra Chrome on the back (haven't done the front yet -- later this week) but I did notice right away that the shape of the tire is curved more, really leans easily -- Scraped the pegs coming out of gas station (first time in over 4year!) I think sparks are going to fly! No wait -- have to wait for Road trip -- I live in SC, no good turns on the east coast of the state!