Air Ride

Energy One

bdm7250

Guru
Lifetime Supporting Member
Supporting Member
This thread is for the general discussion of the Item Air Ride. Please add to the discussion here.

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
What is the recommended PSI on the air ride when out on the road?
Completely depends on weight of rider and your preferences on how hard or soft a ride your looking for, I run between 85 and 95 PSI typically.

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
Supporting Member
and depends on whether you are like "FatBastard" and like 'em skinny or like "NoH2O" and like 'em on the meaty side. lol

BulletBob

Thank you bdm and woodbutcher. I'm a lightweight in the saddle and would prefer a soft ride. :) I noticed that my PSI goes down pretty fast if I have it up closer to 200...about 10 PSI per 15 minutes. Is that normal?

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
Supporting Member
gotta leak somewhere ! I don't have air but that just don't sound right.

pknowles

semi-retired...---... GURU C7Z06...---...
Supporting Member
Thank you bdm and woodbutcher. I'm a lightweight in the saddle and would prefer a soft ride. :) I noticed that my PSI goes down pretty fast if I have it up closer to 200...about 10 PSI per 15 minutes. Is that normal?

"I'm a lightweight" 200 psi seems a bit much especially for a light weight. I'm a buck 85 and run around 80 psi on my K9.

you need to air it up and spray all the connections with windex and watch for the stream of bubbles. then, repair accordingly.

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
No, not normal to loose any pressure, I set my pressure and it stays until I air it down. You have a leak ..

BulletBob

Thanks all. Any recommendations on a shop near Austin, TX who can help? I just don't have the time to work on the bike myself except for minor things.

Brent Herridge

Sorry to say Bob - I have used 2 shops and cannot recommend either one. Both ended up doing me wrong, so I'm doing my own work for now. Lorenzo is a member who is fairly active here on the forum, but his shop is in Coperas Cove. Only a couple hours from Austin, but not exactly next door either. You're only 4 posts away from the 25 minimum for Private Messaging (PM). I'll PM you my phone and we can get into my history with shops in town if you'd like.