1996 Big Dog Vintage

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
I was going to use a frame mount stud and a stud on the exhaust and rubber mount it like what a car has
Fwiw, I kept breaking my exhaust pipes. Talked to buddy @ work who races and builds drag bikes. He told me, let em float. So I took the bracket off the rear of the pipes, hasnt cracked in 3 yrs....just my .02

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Made my exhaust bracket and got it put on this evening...exhaust is done...anchor arm under the swing arm changed out with a nice new one...rear seat is on but i have to redo the rear bracket which is no biggy....its to short someone used it on a different bike cause i could tell the bracket was different than original but like i said no biggy20190807_201202.jpg20190807_201247.jpg20190807_201431.jpg

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
Finally got the pics to show up...nice work Brother :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Took it out yesterday evening for a little trip.around the house to see if i like the floorboard psotions and hear the new exhaust...all is well with all that....thank the lord it got adjustable pushrods, front cylinder little noisier than i like so gotta do some adjustments....hope thats all it is anyway

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Took it out yesterday evening for a little trip.around the house to see if i like the floorboard psotions and hear the new exhaust...all is well with all that....thank the lord it got adjustable pushrods, front cylinder little noisier than i like so gotta do some adjustments....hope thats all it is anyway
Seat bracket looks great and floor boards look like riding a really recliner! Will be a miles machine when it's done!

Hopefully it's just an adjustment! If not better might just want to put new tappets in, who knows how long bike has sat and if they still work efficiently. Hell maybe they have never been replaced just good peace of mind in my book and rules one thing out.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Well last night i got the pushrods adjusted and motor is quite as a church mouse now...intake valve on the front jug was the loose one but adjusted all of them...upon adjusting i noticed front jug exhaust pushrod was a little bent...maybe 1/16th...ordered new ones today be here friday so i will change the exhaust rod out and motor work should be done...got several new parts that came in just got to find time to swap some of those chrome parts out...and also upon further inspection of parts the rear fender and struts are no later than 86 electra glide...i was in Missouri this weekend and my buddy has a 67 electra glide and a 77 electra and the parts all measure the same...so now i know what sissy bar side plates will fit it...slowly but surely coming together

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Well look what i got today....bakiebake found these in a little town west of st louis....i been messing with this guy for 4 weeks trying to get them and finally did and they fit this bike perfectly...brackets on the bags for the rear struts are the same.. now i got to order a docking kit to attach them....old bike going to be damn near back to 100% with these final touchs....i dont think i could ever get this lucky again finding parts...old dog coming back to life20190817_174601.jpg20190817_171859.jpg20190817_171954.jpg

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Like you were meant to own her
Yeah i feel that way....like it depended on me to save it or something ....honestly one of the craziest experiences in my life...i know ive worked my ass of mentally trying to figure out all these parts and years this bike is...im going to take this old bike out tomorrow for a shake down to see what all i still might need to do mechanical wise....still needs work cleaning wise but i will get it in time

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Well took the old dog out earlier to make a a shake down run.....ended up riding 77 miles round trip....has some work still....one of the front brake rotors is slightly bent so it feels like....belt is to tight with the both of us on it, which i never adjusted it but will now for 2 riders...other than that all seems well and everything working like it should minus the things i mentioned....gonna make a rider out of the old dog yet....more parts on the way for the saddle bags and get them put on...