1996 Big Dog Vintage

Energy One

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Nice! You don't have any exhaust to swap on it in your parts bin? Haha

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Yeah i got all kinds just nothing that would suit this bike lol...Shannon and i had a phone conversation yesterday he has talk me into getting the patriot defender 2into1 exhaust for it....ive ordered a few items for it already, a kickstand, different brake pedal to match the grips, new gas cap set and some other odd and ends...still need floorboards but i got them in my shopping cart lol

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah i got all kinds just nothing that would suit this bike lol...Shannon and i had a phone conversation yesterday he has talk me into getting the patriot defender 2into1 exhaust for it....ive ordered a few items for it already, a kickstand, different brake pedal to match the grips, new gas cap set and some other odd and ends...still need floorboards but i got them in my shopping cart lol
A set of short shots would look pretty cool I think too.

That patriot pipe is a great pipe especially if you care about performance. Personally I like the exhaust to look cool and sound cool more than I care about a few extra ponies.

I'm wondering if those LAF ambush might look good on that bike.

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
A set of short shots would look pretty cool I think too.

That patriot pipe is a great pipe especially if you care about performance. Personally I like the exhaust to look cool and sound cool more than I care about a few extra ponies.

I'm wondering if those LAF ambush might look good on that bike.

Yeah i dont know how they would look like on it...i know anything vance and hines is ignornant price wise

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Well today went thru some more inventory and found a set of idle and throttle cables that fit it perfectly.... got them all changed out and got rid of the nasty cables that was on it...ripped off all the led lights that was on it, they didnt work anyway, plus not a fan of them...last little bit i been tidying up some wiring on it....changed out some grease fitting and put in some fittings that wasnt even there anymore...rear master cylinder has i small leak so got one coming for that...looking better already

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Well today has been busy on the oldie but goodie bike ...had some help from steph (bakiebake)....she did some polishing on parts that i took off and other parts that was still on the bike, she did a good job....got new kickstand on....new rear brake master cylinder put on and bleed...new brake pedal...redone that area around the master cylinder that had been rigged kinda but all is well and back to the way it should be....new floorboards on with some bracket modifications cause some one done them wrong also...fluilds changed...took old exhaust off got new one on the way....ordered a crap ton more of parts to....and about 4 hours on the internet trying to figure what style harley stuff is on this bike....heck of a learning curve but it coming along...20190727_221643.jpg

Last edited:

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Well today has been busy on the oldie but goodie bike ...had some help from steph (bakiebake)....she did some polishing on parts that i took off and other parts that was still on the bike, she did a good job....got new kickstand on....new rear brake master cylinder put on and bleed...new brake pedal...redone that area around the master cylinder that had been rigged kinda but all is well and back to the way it should be....new floorboards on with some bracket modifications cause some one done them wrong also...fluilds changed...took old exhaust off got new one on the way....ordered a crap ton more of parts to....and about 4 hours on the internet trying to figure what style harley stuff is on this bike....heck of a learning curve but it coming along...View attachment 66750
Sweeeeet! Nice and making quick Work!

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Meant to post this last night and forgot too but this is where u have to drain the oil from the oil tank, if anyone every has to mess with one of the old bikes...if you look where my index finger is this is where the oil line goes onto the frame with a clamp...just a stud welded onto the frame by the swingarm slide the hose off and drain and put on and tighten...oil filter is up under the bike behind the transmission 20190728_101104.jpg

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Meant to post this last night and forgot too but this is where u have to drain the oil from the oil tank, if anyone every has to mess with one of the old bikes...if you look where my index finger is this is where the oil line goes onto the frame with a clamp...just a stud welded onto the frame by the swingarm slide the hose off and drain and put on and tighten...oil filter is up under the bike behind the transmission View attachment 66760
Interesting...i like it! Talk about old school!

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Where does the other end of the hose hook to?
Goes to the bottom of tank and then to a stud welded on the frame....there r 4 hoses total...one goes from the tank to the engine block back side of the tappet screen and oil sending unit...another one comes off the tank to the bottom side of the oil pump....one goes from the very bottom of the oil pump to the fliter and from filter back to the tank...last hose goes from the tank to the stud i was talking about20190728_175834.jpg20190728_175930.jpg20190728_180622.jpg20190728_180627.jpg20190728_180641.jpg

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
You should build a new owners/service manual. Make sure to track the parts and part numbers.
I been keeping up with the part number and making a parts file....but some parts ive ordered are not correct...like the floorboards for instance...had to modify the frame brackets....its been a real pain in the ass trying to figure this bike out...im not a harley guy....so far some parts are electra glide, road king, fxr and a few other different aftermarket harley parts...what i seen so far pretty much is v twin manufacturer, emgo, drag specialties...like i said this is bascially in my opinion a Frankenstein bike...fender stuts has had me struggling like crazy...i know ive spent well over 5 hours trying to figure out the sissy bar size and nothing i found has a 7 1/4" center to center bolt hole for the sissy bar...

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
What size engine is in that bike?
Its has a all s&s bottom end with edelbrock heads and s&s super e carb....80" motor....something been done to it cause it hits a very different note....rpm runs crazy high on it if u let it....gets around 2500 rpm, im guessing cause it doesnt have a tack, and this thing comes to life...buddy of mine has a 103 on his harley and it didnt want none of this bike...i was really impressed cause i just knew he would leave me setting and that didnt happen...

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Its has a all s&s bottom end with edelbrock heads and s&s super e carb....80" motor....something been done to it cause it hits a very different note....rpm runs crazy high on it if u let it....gets around 2500 rpm, im guessing cause it doesnt have a tack, and this thing comes to life...buddy of mine has a 103 on his harley and it didnt want none of this bike...i was really impressed cause i just knew he would leave me setting and that didnt happen...
Some kind of high lift cam maybe why it picks up later in the throttle. On an 80" it doesn't take much to be considered high lift. Stock would be under 500 I would assume

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Some kind of high lift cam maybe why it picks up later in the throttle. On an 80" it doesn't take much to be considered high lift. Stock would be under 500 I would assume

Yeah thats what i was thinking to is it had a cam put in it ..sounds good i like the way it hits but we will see what it sounds like with the patriot 2into1 later this week when they arrive