05 Mastiff 117 after upgrades

Twistedspoke100

05 Mastiff
I wanted to post an update with the results of all the upgrades I had done to the bike. I also wanted say thanks to everyone on the forum that offered their help and advise! I feel without this site and this group of guys I would not have been able to dial the bike in to what it is now. Here is the list of all the goodies.

1) S&S tuned air induction
2) S&S G carb, bored with a Thunder Jet installed by John Sachs
3) Complete head job with 202 intake valves, 1.615 exhaust, upgraded springs, ported and set compression to match the cam by John
4) Cylinder height shaved .040 down and punched .030 over by John
5) 600 S&S cam
6) Comp lifters
7) S&S rocker boxes (Replaced the TP rocker boxes)
8) Programable ignition module
9) 32 tooth pulley and shorter belt from Barnes
10) Bandit clutch set up
11) RnB 2 into 1 Pro stock Challenger exhaust system

The final results 118 HP and 129 TQ and that was on a 90 degree day with 56% humidity so I think its fair to say on a cooler day with better air quality 120 HP and 130 TQ! This bike definitely puts a smile on my face! I hope this list helps for anyone considering doing some engine upgrades.

Last edited:

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
I wanted to post an update with the results of all the upgrades I had done to the bike. I also wanted say thanks to everyone on the forum that offered their help and advise! I feel without this site and this group of guys I would not have been able to dial the bike in to what it is now. Here is the list of all the goodies.

1) S&S tuned air induction
2) S&S G carb, ported with a Thunder Jet installed by John Sachs
3) Complete head job with 202 intake valves, 1.615 exhaust, upgraded springs, ported and set compression to match the cam
4) Cylinder height shaved .040 down and punched .030 over
5) 600 S&S cam
6) Comp lifters
7) S&S rocker boxes (Replaced the TP rocker boxes)
8) Programable ignition module
9) 32 tooth pulley and shorter belt from Barnes
10) Bandit clutch set up
11) RnB 2 into 1 Pro stock Challenger exhaust system

The final results 118 HP and 129 TQ and that was on a 90 degree day with 56% humidity so I think its fair to say 120 HP and 130 TQ! This bike definitely puts a smile on my face! I hope this list helps for anyone considering doing some engine upgrades.
:old2: :chopper:

john sachs

Hey John I am curious if I ever decided to move to a S&S 640 cam would the head work you did on my heads support that? Or are they set specifically for the 600?
You would need to put more compression in the engine with the 640 cams. You will make more power, and torque at a higher RPM, but lose low end torque. Everything will shift to the right on your dyno sheet. A large rear tire, always hurts horsepower numbers. A small rear tire will always show more power on the dyno. Did your tuner check air pressure in your rear tire, before dyno work. Also a hot tire will show less power on the dyno. Send me a copy of your dyno sheet.
John

Last edited:

Twistedspoke100

05 Mastiff
You would need to put more compression in the engine with the 640 cams. You will make more power, and torque at a higher RPM, but lose low end torque. Everything will shift to the right on your dyno sheet. A large rear tire, always hurts horsepower numbers. A small rear tire will always show more power on the dyno. Did your tuner check air pressure in your rear tire, before dyno work. Also a hot tire will show less power on the dyno. Send me a copy of your dyno sheet.
John

Attachments

Twistedspoke100

05 Mastiff
John

Attachments