04 pitbull to ridgeback build

Fat_Bastard

Yes, and mine requires custom size spacer s too with the new wheels!
Mine will be done with me torquing shit down , with the help from Curtis . So if I die it’s because I fucked up! All on me!!
Hope to ride with the boss before we roll!
Your the man brother ! Miss riding with the SoCal president !
Will see you before I leave , bbq whatever
Thanks for "promo" ! :patriot:
-- from your local "Bastard" :oldlaugh:
(workin' on my new nickname "The Shot Caller"; my bitch likes it and some of the boys be callin' me dat...) :yesnod::rofl:

Update:
Hand controls finished and shipping from sport chrome will post pics once installed

Chrome calipers sold and used forward controls received from Shovelheadkicker. They fit perfectly and are off to chrome!
This will delay things 4-6 weeks from completing the build. Still have allot of things to workout . But it’s coming together slowly
Someday !!!577ACEC5-4924-4D4E-B80D-048A3DD09028.jpeg

No H2O

maybe this is should be a separate thread but instead of a pitbull to ridgeback build, what about a ridgeback to chopper build?
specifically I'd like to see if I can swap my 04 ridgeback frame for a chopper frame, i.e. hard tail to soft tail. but only if it's a matter of taking the parts off one and installing them on the other without any fabrication, adapters, (read additional effort).
visually it seems possible but I'm thinking there could be some gotchas ...
if anyone has done this or knows how to, which year(s) chopper frame would work?

maybe this is should be a separate thread but instead of a pitbull to ridgeback build, what about a ridgeback to chopper build?
specifically I'd like to see if I can swap my 04 ridgeback frame for a chopper frame, i.e. hard tail to soft tail. but only if it's a matter of taking the parts off one and installing them on the other without any fabrication, adapters, (read additional effort).
visually it seems possible but I'm thinking there could be some gotchas ...
if anyone has done this or knows how to, which year(s) chopper frame would work?
Well I wouldn’t recommend it .
The pitbull to ridgeback was fairly easy because the frames are almost identical but there were slight variances even with this build. Originally when I started I was going for a cost effective build but I will say that isn’t the case. i am lucky @Curtis is close by as he and Derek and Donna have helped me out tremendously with getting parts to accomplish the build. Imho if you want a chopper buy a chopper and then customize it. They are selling at reasonable prices today and I assure you it’s going to be less expensive!
Just my 2 cents

PacoPetty

The pitbull to ridgeback was fairly easy because the frames are almost identical but there were slight variances even with this build. Originally when I started I was going for a cost effective build but I will say that isn’t the case. i am lucky @Curtis is close by as he and Derek and Donna have helped me out tremendously with getting parts to accomplish the build. Imho if you want a chopper buy a chopper and then customize it. They are selling at reasonable prices today and I assure you it’s going to be less expensive!
Just my 2 cents
Experience is life‘s greatest teacher!

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Just my 2 cents
Yep, there's lots of differences. Between 04 chopper and 04 rigid. Gas tank and the inner primary spacing is different (1-7/8" Vs 1.5", struts, sissy bar, handlebars. In parts alone easy $2-3k probably with a frame I'd say $4k then you gotta paint it since you need a different tank. So an easy +$5k

Not to mention Its pretty rare to find just a 04 big dog chopper frame laying around. You only got one year cause an 03 frame would require even more different parts and an 05 would need a totally different trans

I wouldn't swap unless you want a lot of work money and time invested. Not to mention you need to know what your getting into too..

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well build update:
Had a few setbacks but nothing major but it is delaying the completion of the build. My June 19 deadline is approaching fast.
I had to get the handlebars re powdercoated due to the powdercoat interfering with the control fitup and my ocd.
I took the bars to electro tech and they blasted the bars down to bare metal. They gave me the raw bars back with the ends taped to fitup on the build with the controls, using a razor blade to undercut around where the controls will be mounted and removed the controls and returned the bars to get powdercoated. Hopefully they will be done this next week or 2.
The front calipers are at sport chrome and should have them back within 4-6 weeks. Still have some other little things to finish up before getting the wheel spacers done and air cleaner bracket modified to fit the g carb.
The little things are taking allot of time to complete but It’s getting there.
Moral of the story is do it right the first time !! Live and learn