04 pitbull to ridgeback build

It could be the thickness of the chrome on the controls? Will be interesting to see if the ones that come back line up as good as they now

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
It’s not the thickness of the chrome controls it’s the radius of the controls where they mount to the handlebars. Really odd because all 04 and up used big dog proprietary controls.
Because the controls were purchase with the frame and some other parts I am not sure what model they fit. Since I am chroming the old pitbull controls I may either sell them or may get them on a lathe and keep them as a second set of controls ? Dont ask me why I would keep them? Lol

mjsk9

It’s not the thickness of the chrome controls it’s the radius of the controls where they mount to the handlebars. Really odd because all 04 and up used big dog proprietary controls.
Because the controls were purchase with the frame and some other parts I am not sure what model they fit. Since I am chroming the old pitbull controls I may either sell them or may get them on a lathe and keep them as a second set of controls ? Dont ask me why I would keep them? Lol
Paul.... "Dont ask me why I would keep them? Lol"..... Already thinking about your next build?

PacoPetty

I ordered it from Donna&Derek on Ebay. Let me see if I can take a screen shot off my Ebay account for you.

1BA399C6-B9F3-42B8-8795-712A98BF909B.png 18202111-5E51-4964-819C-83ECAECAB0A0.jpeg Well for those of you keep asking me why this is taking so long!
After getting things together, I could not get my pitbull front brake caliper to align???
Realized that bdm used 2 different types of calipers. So now I need to make or buy a mounting bracket or buy a new caliper??
Keep in mind I just had my calipers chromed.
Keep tuned I may be selling a front chromed caliper soon.
36DFE1F1-9FA2-4A75-BF7A-80CCA8CF8AA7.png 1BA399C6-B9F3-42B8-8795-712A98BF909B.png

Fat_Bastard

View attachment 62907 View attachment 62908 Well for those of you keep asking me why this is taking so long!
After getting things together, I could not get my pitbull front brake caliper to align???
Realized that bdm used 2 different types of calipers. So now I need to make or buy a mounting bracket or buy a new caliper??
Keep in mind I just had my calipers chromed.
Keep tuned I may be selling a front chromed caliper soon.
View attachment 62905 View attachment 62907
...and be sure to check the front axle spacers... mine were different sizes and somebody assembled them reversed! and never fully tightened the front caliper, so it fell off riding --nearly killed me!
Tightened caliper bolts up and realized alignment was all wrong. Swapped the axle spacers and is all ok now.

...and be sure to check the front axle spacers... mine were different sizes and somebody assembled them reversed! and never fully tightened the front caliper, so it fell off riding --nearly killed me!
Tightened caliper bolts up and realized alignment was all wrong. Swapped the axle spacers and is all ok now.
Yes, and mine requires custom size spacer s too with the new wheels!
Mine will be done with me torquing shit down , with the help from Curtis . So if I die it’s because I fucked up! All on me!!
Hope to ride with the boss before we roll!
Your the man brother ! Miss riding with the SoCal president !
Will see you before I leave , bbq whatever

TapioK

Did you ever mention whether you used original house of kolor paint or what? Looks good.
I tend to remember the original paints and clear coat are bloody expensive.