WTB .... TP Rocker Box “ Covers “

Energy One

Marky-Marc

S&S rocker boxes have been known to flake as well. S&S uses a chrome in WI that they still use....I have met them....I will ALWAYS love my TP's.....I do have a bunch of new sets sitting on a shelf that are chromed....but I agree, if you get the chrome OFF, you should be able to polish them.....

Matt Jasicki

I have 2 in my garage that have been off the bike since 2014 when I switched my old 117 to the S&S rocker boxes. Its both front and rear rocker boxes with all the internal parts that are in them. They have been wrapped in plastic with oil in the plastic. I could take them out the box I have them in and send you
I have 2 in my garage that have been off the bike since 2014 when I switched my old 117 to the S&S rocker boxes. Its both front and rear rocker boxes with all the internal parts that are in them. They have been wrapped in plastic with oil in the plastic. I could take them out the box I have them in and send you a picture if you'd like.
all I need is the covers and I’m sure you don’t want to separate them . So what are you looking to get out of them ?

Five Five

I deal with chrome plated aluminum on a daily basis, and it just dont stick to aluminum.
pre-treatment is key to good adhesion, and a good zincate on the aluminum surface, is the activated base for copper plating.

what happens a lot of times is the parts are color buffed after copper plate, and the surface becomes passive and not activated.
so, it's important to re-activate the copper plate in a mild acid (NH03) solution, prior to the application of nickel plating.

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
I have 2 in my garage that have been off the bike since 2014 when I switched my old 117 to the S&S rocker boxes. Its both front and rear rocker boxes with all the internal parts that are in them. They have been wrapped in plastic with oil in the plastic. I could take them out the box I have them in and send you a picture if you'd like.
What did you ever get done with these covers Matt? I have the same problem going on currently.. thx for any advice