Wire Plus?

Energy One

migai082681

So I haven't been in the forum in a while. I'm am now running into issues. I have a 2008 Ridgeback and installed a wire plus module a few years back. I recently turn on my bike and one of the modules stated to smoke. So my question is this. Is wire plus out of business? If so what do I do now?

roadie1389

Yeah, WP is long gone. I had seen one on ebay a month ago but not sure if still there. Since you had a WP kit your harness is "trashed". I would go with the replacement from BDM and get the full harness replacement. You can't use the Axle replacement as is since your harness is cutup so you would need a new harness anyway. The fact that you "smoked" the module you need to go though it and check you don't have a short some place because even if you find a replacement WP module it might do the same thing. Check your battery.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Check your voltage regulator as well, my wires plus power module smoked and I just went ahead and replaced the VR too while I was there for $100 it's good piece of mind for an important piece of electrical equipment that is probably 10-15 years old now.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

roadie1389

So I haven't been in the forum in a while. I'm am now running into issues. I have a 2008 Ridgeback and installed a wire plus module a few years back. I recently turn on my bike and one of the modules stated to smoke. So my question is this. Is wire plus out of business? If so what do I do now?
I just saw a post on the Big Dog Parts Facebook group. Guy claims to have a band new WP kit.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/108569922522505/

Look up Jordan Harris

Last edited:

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
Ckeck with @pknowles I believe he has a spare ESC which he is parting with.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Also, I forgot but I'm guessing the power module went up in smoke? I have the controller module which is still good and kept it for someone if they need it. It's the smaller one.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

SEAL-rider

Best solution is Axels EHC with a new stock harness. Curtis has both.
http://www.wildsteedworx.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_173_82_203&products_id=1659

"OH NO! I already hacked up my OEM harness" Not an issue. Email us at wsworx@gmail.com and tell us which year and model you have. If you have a Chopper and the VIN number is "5J11T" instead of "5J11N" then you have a Daytek frame and we need to know this when you email us. We can get almost all of the harnesses and we will even give you a discount when you buy both together at the same time. Harnesses are normally $299.99, 04 and 05 and up, but if you buy the EHC and harness/es together we will give you both for $735.00 so you can get your bike back to OEM, reliable and consistent for easier service.

Jwooky

The only problem I have with Axels controller is it uses the stock D-sub unsealed connector.
This also makes it easier to install (plug n play) but its a vulnerability the Thunder heart system do not have.

shanncotto

Hello, I have a 2009 Big Dog Mastiff- with a Wires plus retro fit kit installed- I am thinking about switching over t o LI-ION batteries- has anyone used a LI-ION battery with a Wires plus retro fit kit? Any concerns or issues....thoughts. Thankyou